Public Services Commission
Job Vacancy For Consultant/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for one-year contract appointments as Coordinators and nine-month contract appointment as Consultants at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat, Office of the President.
Purpose of the Job:
In 2009, the Government established the Public Sector Reform Secretariat (PSRS) within the Office of the President and assigned oversight responsibility for facilitation of public sector reforms in Ghana to a Minister of State at the Presidency.
PSRS has a strategic and technical back-stopping role. The primary responsibilities of PSRS focus on coordination, financial management, facilitation of procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting on progress of public sector reform. The Secretariat is presently strengthening its capacity to deliver on its mandate.
A new Public Sector Reform project is being implemented based on New Approach to Public Sector Reform which seeks to focus reforms on delivering specific results in various sectors of the economy, particularly the delivering of the Government's main development agenda for job creation and food security.
This enhanced perspective on the nature of the Public Sector Reform strategy and framework requires senior and experienced individuals to provide support to the public sector reform programme in the areas of procurement, financial management and resource mobilization, communication, project analysis, project financing and M&E.
Job Title: Consultant/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Research, Statistics, Information Management Systems Division
Scope of Services:
The Scope of Services is to be the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist Research, Statistics and Information Management Systems, at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat, Office of the President.
The M&E Specialist will be directly responsible to the Coordinator/Research, Statistics, Information Management Systems, at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat.
Terms of Reference:
• Develop and implement frameworks (evaluation tools and processes) for tracking and monitoring progress on the implementation of public sector reform programs that are consistent with guidelines and procedures for monitoring and evaluating IDA/donor-funded projects
• Provide technical advice at the design stage of new or reviews of programs or projects
• Set up a framework with defined indicators to ensure that the appropriate assessments and/or evaluations are conducted
• Evaluate the performance of MDAs/IAs in the reform programmes
• Prepare reports required by donors in their support for of public sector reforms
• Provide technical backstopping to reform environments in the area of developing and refining useful and relevant methodologies for program and project monitoring and evaluation
• Maintain close liaison with IAs in the reform portfolio
• Conduct annual public sector performance review workshops
• Prepare monthly M&E reports for all planned activities and other reports required by donors in their support for of public sector reforms
• Manage evaluation briefings and reviews of evaluation reports
• Provide input into the reporting and follow-up on implementation of evaluation recommendations by analysing evaluation findings for applicability to future program and project design, project management and measurement of donor-funding impact, and ensure these findings are effectively communicated
• Verify performance of public sector reform initiatives and prepare annual progress report on public sector reforms
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with position
Qualification Required & Experience
Advanced University Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Social Sciences or related field
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation methods, standards and practices especially in program design and implementation
• Ability to lead and manage results-oriented and thematic evaluations
• Strong analytical and excellent written and oral communication skills that indicate ability to analyze and present complex data sets for policy decision making
• Skills in interacting with officials at the highest level of government, civil society and international organizations/development partners
A minimum of seven (7) years experience in monitoring and evaluating international development programs
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a track record of achievement in modernizing procurement, financial management and resource mobilization, communication, project financial analysis and M&E activities in an organization, and of coaching and mentoring others in similar situations
How To Apply For The Job
To obtain further details, including background to Government of Ghana and its public sector reform programmes, and Terms of Reference for theses posts, please, contact the Public Sector Reform Secretariat by Tel: (233)302 684086/7 or Fax: (233)302 670 295.
The application must be addressed to
The Chief Programme Coordinator
Public Sector Reform Secretariat
Public Services Commission Building
1st Floor, Room 109
Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application
Closing Date: 02 August, 2012
PLEASE, NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE NOTIFIED