Public Services Commission
Executive / Management
Job Vacancy For Consultant/Project Analyst Management Services Divison
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for one-year contract appointments as Coordinators and nine-month contract appointment as Consultants at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat, Office of the President.
Purpose of the Job:
In 2009, the Government established the Public Sector Reform Secretariat (PSRS) within the Office of the President and assigned oversight responsibility for facilitation of public sector reforms in Ghana to a Minister of State at the Presidency.
PSRS has a strategic and technical back-stopping role. The primary responsibilities of PSRS focus on coordination, financial management, facilitation of procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting on progress of public sector reform. The Secretariat is presently strengthening its capacity to deliver on its mandate.
A new Public Sector Reform project is being implemented based on New Approach to Public Sector Reform which seeks to focus reforms on delivering specific results in various sectors of the economy, particularly the delivering of the Government's main development agenda for job creation and food security.
This enhanced perspective on the nature of the Public Sector Reform strategy and framework requires senior and experienced individuals to provide support to the public sector reform programme in the areas of procurement, financial management and resource mobilization, communication, project analysis, project financing and M&E.
Scope of Services:
The Scope of Services is to be the Project Analyst Management Services, at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat, Office of the President.
The Project Analyst will be directly responsible to the Coordinator/Management Services at the Public Sector Reform Secretariat.
Terms of Reference:
As the Project Analyst of the Management Services Division, his/her responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the Coordinator review projects submitted by Ministries to Cabinet for approval;
• Studying assigned projects, understanding the Ministry's requirements, and analyzing project goals and targets;
• Working with the Ministries in the preparation of project feasibility studies and business plans;
• Making recommendations regarding viable options and alternatives;
• Training and building capacity within the Ministries' PMUs on business/entrepreneurship and commercialization;
• Providing support to the Ministries in planning, managing and monitoring major projects from concept through implementation;
• Providing support to the Ministries in the design of corporate business processes, procedures and policies to ensure the effective implementation of their approved projects;
• Working with the Ministry's PMU to ensure availability of accurate data and knowledge for making commercial decisions relating to projects;
• Evaluating and monitoring the performance and efficiency of projects to ensure that implementation is on target;
• Working with the Ministry's PMYs to ensure the unblocking of bottlenecks that threaten to delay the implementation of projects;
• Reporting in advance any issues that could affect the timely implementation of the project for decision making at a higher level;
• Preparing presentation materials for management reports;
• Reporting on project deliverables and schedules in a timely manner and working on overall project planning; and
• Working on any other tasks assigned by the Coordinator
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with position
Qualification Required & Experience
Master's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Business Economics, Entrepreneurship or related field
• Project Management skills
• Skills and expertise in business and entrepreneurship training
• Ability to overcome problems and remove bottlenecks in non-conventional ways
• Client orientation (contributing to positive outcomes for clients)
Minimum of ten (10) years experience working at a high level in the areas of project management and business/commercial training
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a track record of achievement in modernizing procurement, financial management and resource mobilization, communication, project financial analysis and M&E activities in an organization, and of coaching and mentoring others in similar situations
How To Apply For The Job
To obtain further details, including background to Government of Ghana and its public sector reform programmes, and Terms of Reference for theses posts, please, contact the Public Sector Reform Secretariat by Tel: (233)302 684086/7 or Fax: (233)302 670 295.
The application must be addressed to
The Chief Programme Coordinator
Public Sector Reform Secretariat
Public Services Commission Building
1st Floor, Room 109
Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application
Closing Date: 02 August, 2012
PLEASE, NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE NOTIFIED