AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Contractor Administrator. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Contractor Administrator will be responsible for a variety of complex contracts from various clients and client-affiliated business ventures.
• He/she will see to the efficient organisation and coordination of project contractor employees and monitor contract requirements to ensure company and counter party compliance with contractual obligations. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
• Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also have a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
• Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
• Work with authorities, other peers and subordinates to control and manage mining projects, seek out, lead and apply underground best practices and continuous improvement practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and promote workmen health and wellness.
• Promote and implement human resources development practices to ensure respect, improve loyalty and enhanced relationship between workmen.
• Provide leadership and support for the entire team to achieve sectional goals.
• Manage contractor labour mobilization to comply with site entry policy, mine entry requests management to meet sustainability, security, and HR/IR requirements
• Support and organize contractor site mobilization and demobilization
• Organize and schedule contractor employee trainings to minimize disruption of work
• Efficient organization and coordination of project contractor employees
• Maintain an organized filing system for project contractors
• Suggest and implement improved work methods and systems relating to administrative tasks
• Provide administrative support to project owners relating to contractors
• Learn, interpret, and apply AGA/Obuasi Redevelopment Phase 3 policies, rules, and regulations to contractors Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent Experience
• 2-3 years post graduate experience in a similar role
• Ghanaian Driver’s License Technical Competencies
• A great multi-tasker who is organized and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• High level of computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Exposure to project scheduling software packages
• Ability to continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems
• Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required. Other Competencies
• Sound analytical, planning, implementation and supervision skills
• Ability to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
• Take ownership of personal development.
• Build effective working relationships and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
• Display high levels of integrity and honesty.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
31 March, 2022