Rays of Hope Centre, a young and vibrant Christian Catholic NGO providing support and hope to marginalised children from the streets of Ashaiman and its environs, is seeking to employ a highly motivated and reliable Cook in its Centre in Ashaiman as part-time employment.
The First Contact Place (FCP)at ZongoLaka is the starting point of our work with marginalised street children in Ashaiman. FCP mainly serves as a day care centre where love, tender care, education and moral values are impacted into these young vulnerable children.Providing them with a balanced, healthy and nourishing diet is aimed to ensure the well-being and successful physical development of our beneficiaries in FCP.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Catering for the beneficiaries during Pre-School Classes.
• Purchasing necessary food items in time including provision of receipts and recording transactions into cashbook.
• Ensuring asafe storage, efficient usage and maintenance of groceries and other kitchen accessories.
• Enhancing cooking skills and promoting hygiene &sanitation practices among beneficiaries in line with their own development as well as ensuring cooking safety and hygiene standards in the kitchen, dining and store room.
• Cooking or organising food for internal programmes in collaboration with other cooks.
• Being a good role model in proper appearance and exemplary behaviour before beneficiaries.
• Performing of reintegration duties during school vacation time and ensuring proper cooperation with the beneficiaries’ families.
• Close communication/ collaboration with Field/Reintegration Officer, Administrator, Pre-School Class Teachers.
• Reporting to Field/Reintegration Officer who may also assign other duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• JHS or higher, work experience in NGO’s / Orphanages / Schools
• Empathy in children/youth from broken homes who spent part of their young life on the streets
• Catering skills, combined out of experience and passion
• Experience in handling needs and demands of children/youth
• Ability to follow instructions in details and readiness to contribute own suggestions/experiences
• Competent teamwork skills
• Basic knowledge in book keeping
Certificate in Catering will be an added advantage
We offer you:
• An exciting position in putting smiles on children’s faces and helping to build a strong foundation for their future.
• The opportunity to work in an innovative and a steadily developing institution related to the Roman Catholic Church
• To be part of an international team with a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience and expertise
• An attractive benefit package with competitive salary, health and social insurance and allowances/bonuses
• A contract with a probation of 6 months
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should submit their application at the Office in FCPor send it to:
We look forward to receiving your application letter stating your reasons/motivation why you will like to work with us at ROHC, CV and copies of certificates/transcripts/and 2letter(s) of recommendation.
Directions to FCP
FCP is located at ZongoLaka. Branch off the main road towards the main trotro station. Turn left into Amponsah street (at the old HFC Bank) and find a yellow two-storey building after 100 metres.
For further enquiries,
27 January, 2019