Coordinator - Fertilizer Systems Research and Field Implementation Program
Type of contract:
Full time - Overall Project Coordinator
Type of Position:
Place of employment:
• Balanced fertilizers are essential for sustainable agricultural intensification. Widespread adoption of appropriate fertilizers requires a transformation of the fertilizer and food systems that must be driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption.
• This public-private program in Ghana “Fertilizer Systems Research and Field Implementation” will integrate an on-the-ground implementation program to develop the fertilizer value chain and transdisciplinary research by PhD’s and Postdoc’s.
• The program will, among others, interact with the Ghanaian Agricultural Program “Planting for Food and Jobs” to enhance its impact. The graduates will be supervised by internationally renowned universities and strengthen the research capacity at Ghanaian institutions, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Morocco and IFDC. IFDC leads the program, carrying out the implementation component and co-supervising the researchers in the program.
We are looking for an overall coordinator in Ghana of the “Fertilizer Systems Research and Field Implementation” program to support the Principle Investigator.
Scope of Work
• Overall coordination of operational activities related to the “Fertilizer Systems Research and Field Implementation” project in Ghana
• Maintain regular contact with the project leader and keep him informed
• Support the project leader
• Supervise project staff in Ghana
• Liaise with Ghanaian partners, including, but not exclusively, research institutions, government entities, implementing organizations (NGO’s)
• Coordinate the execution of agronomic trials and socio-economic surveys in Ghana
• Co-ordinate activities related to multi-stakeholder platform development
• Support and co-supervise students in the project (including MSc’s and PhD’s)
• Draft project reports with project leader
• Co-draft reports with students when appropriate
• Travel in Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• MSc (or PhD) degree in agricultural sciences
• 5-10 years’ experience in science and field operations
• Be proactive and ensure that project operations are optimally performed
• Be proactive in identifying gaps between scientific and implementation activities
• Experienced in executing field operation with farmers and other actors in the food and fertilizer value chain
• Ability to write project reports; experience in writing scientific papers would be beneficial
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
26 March, 2020