Capital Projects Group
Coordinator, Project Microwave & Optimization
MTN Level 2
Manager, Project Microwave & Optimization
Supervise and Coordinate Fibre deployment, fiber relocation, Terminal Equipment Optimization and Adhoc Projects according to MTN Specifications, Quality standards, PPP and CPM Tool Kits.
• Develops detailed field implementation project plans, control methods, procedures and responsibilities for microwave and wireless project implementation
• Prepare, collate and analyse TSS reports and microwave link budgets.
• Demonstrate a degree of experience with Management, scheduling, inventory, procurement and project Management of all installation works
• Provides leadership and direction to site implementation teams and represents MTN’s interest in any microwave deployment in a designated region
• Responsible for the physical installation of IDU/ODU and IF cable installation at or inside MTN tower property in a given geographical area
• Develop detailed project tracker, report templates and organizes weekly project meetings to review progress and quality requirements of all microwave projects under your supervision
• Implements MTNs Quality Control/HSE program on site and ensure all project documents are obtained and verified before project closure
• Preparation of RFPs, BOQs and implements procurement management activities on Microwave Projects
• Provide critical support in identifying, escalation and mitigation of project risks and challenges.
• Undertakes basic troubleshooting on IP/Ethernet/SDH/WDM networks to resolve service anomalies
• Ensures strict inventory integrity of project materials and logistics records for Microwave Projects
• Ensures project team harmony, bonding and motivation on assigned project.
• Supervises critical project activities such as antenna installation, link alignment, IDU Powering and earthing during microwave link deployment
• Conduct ATP and sign off with project contractors, and assists with service migration/cutover of network services onto newly deployed microwave routes with minimum impact to network availability and quality.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. Electrical/Electronic or Telecoms Engineering
• CCNA Routing & Switching Certification (Added Advantage)
• PMP Certification (Added Advantage)
• AutoCAD Design Suite Training (Added Advantage)
• 3 years of experience in the telecommunications industry with an emphasis on Microwave networks deployment
• Minimum of 2 year of experience in a project management capacity
• Experience and working knowledge on microwave network technologies
• Knowledge and experience with telecommunication standards including GSM, UMTS, LTE, ANSI, and ITU.
• Must have good understanding of legacy transport technologies like PDH, SDH and PtMP and PtP
• Good appreciation of OSI layer 2 and 3 transport technologies like Ethernet, MPLS and IP networks
• Must have a good appreciation of aerial and ground fiber implementation procedures
• Should have good understanding of ITU-T transmission/transport performance related recommendations including but not limited to G.826, G.828, and G.829.
• Knowledge and/or certification in Ethernet switching and Routing protocols (CCNA. preferred)
• Must possess adequate knowledge in AD/DC power solutions for mobile communication requirements
• Hands-on Configuration experience on MW and IP products like Ericsson Minilink, Aviat Eclipse, Cisco Switches and Routers, Huawei OSN
• Good appreciation of NMS platforms such as U2000, Provision and IPTNMS
• Adequate knowledge in Microsoft office suite (Power Point, Project & Excel) and must have good presentation skills
Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Skill in communication, leadership and team management
• Excellent Skills in presentation, reporting and performance management
• Self-Starter, responsible and works with little or no supervision
• Ability to develop and manage technical resources
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to plan and manage processes that are not under direct control
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
• Ability to manage conflict, self and team performance
• Positive attitude, self-motivated & no-limit mind-set
• Assertive and influential in timely decision making
• Reliable, methodical and Good facilitator
• Adequate knowledge in the latest advanced technology
• Conceptual & Analytical skill
• Business acumen
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
11 March, 2019