Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Corporate Credit Manager Report to:
Chief Risk Officer Summary of Job Purpose
The Corporate Credit Manager will manage a team of Credit Officers and oversee to the effective credit management of corporate loans, assist in the formulation of credit policy, monitoring and reporting of loan covenants to ensure that approved transactions remain compliant with credit strategy.
She/he will be accountable for the entire granting process, including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers. You will ensure a high standard of credit quality through structure, recommendation, monitoring and control of credit applications and portfolios. Key Duties
• Establish, maintain and enforce the Bank’s credit policy, credit limits on corporate accounts and manage special credit arrangements and deviations from terms of payments to ensure risk is mitigated.
• Assess credit risk by analyzing financial and Credit Bureau information to confirm validation of applications and prepare documents to substantiate findings needed to recommend approval or rejection of application.
• Manage credit risk by establishing, maintaining and adjusting credit limits based on evolving customer credit profiles.
• Evaluate and prioritize risk mitigation strategies and ensure risk exposure remains within acceptable level.
• Monitor credit facilities, pursue queries and disputes and take appropriate actions to revise credit terms or withdraw credit.
• Monitor compliance with loan covenants relating to corporate credit, track credit migration/deterioration of customers.
• Produce Credit Monitoring and Financial Analysis Report on the behaviour, credit usage and relevant trends of credit portfolios for review by the Credit Committee.
• Supervise and review corporate credit levels, losses and portfolio-level impairments, and propose appropriate mitigation actions.
• Enforce the governance structure of risk management and ensure that your team complies with the banks standards as well regulatory guidelines set by Bank of Ghana
• Manage credit infrastructural systems including Moody’s Risk Analyst and Moody’s Fermat
• Deliver on additional tasks/responsibilities from designate of the CRO as and when required. Key Performance Measures
• Governance, Risk And Control Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first Degree or equivalent professional qualification. A Master’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Business Administration/Management will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in a risk management environment. Experience as a Credit Risk Officer in a dynamic financial/banking institution is an added advantage. SPECIFIC SKILLS
• In-depth understanding of the application of the Bank of Ghana Basel II prudential guidelines.
• In-depth knowledge of IFRS classification of investment securities
• Good awareness of Banking products/services relevant in designing and implementing market risk
• Ability to motivate teams and remain committed to achieve business results
• Expertise in Microsoft office tools(MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication and influencing skills
• Ability to exercise own initiative and deliver to meet deadlines. CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• The jobholder should be aware of the workings of multiple departments in the Bank to enable him/her plan organise works of various complexity having the understanding of the objectives and processes of several large business units and will be required to formulate and adjust plans in order to assist in the realisation of both departmental and corporate goals
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards and the Bank’s internal processes
• An excellent knowledge of risk standards, principles and procedures within the Bank and the banking industry SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• Jobholder is expected to build sustaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through a combination of effective interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills in order to achieve the goals of the Risk Department.
• The jobholder is expected to be empathetic in providing sensitive and in some cases debatable information to both internal and external stakeholders which is of specialised nature.
• Result-oriented and focused on the performance of duties irrespective of challenges encountered notably in a rapidly evolving risk and organisational culture.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to motivate teams to achieve business results
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned
• Strong ability to work in multi-cultural environment, manage, develop and coach others
• Strong communication and probing skills
• Strong ability to assess and analyse business SCOPE OF THINKING
• Ability to thoroughly analyse, evaluate, assess impact and interpret highly complex problems and applying complex facts after a comparison of a range of options.
• Ability to accurately interpret risk findings and decide on suitability mitigation measures
• Ability to diagnose and analyse issues, assess risks to the business and to take initiative towards the resolution of issues identified in a timely manner
• Ability to produce innovative solutions to problems. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Role requires ability to assemble relevant data and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet set objectives.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain sustained concentration to solve complex problems. CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• Decisions made by the job holder will be guided by the Bank’s standards, policies as well as external regulatory standards
• Recognises priorities and weighs up different options to determine potential risk and benefits, prior to making recommendations to the CRO
• The jobholder can make independent decisions within his/her delegated area of authority. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Responsible for training, career development and coaching of others
• Controls moderate resources assigned to the role IMPACT OF INFLUENCE ON TARGET ACHIEVEMENT
• The jobholder provides information and advisory to other functional areas of the Bank to achieve overall corporate objectives. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
13 Yiyiwa Drive
P.O. Box P 242
Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015