Christian Aid is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners to end poverty. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty and empowering them to have a brighter future.
Christian Aid in Ghana is working for transformational change that significantly improves the lives of poor and marginalised men and women and brings about a fair and just society. We work with different local partners and support them with varying resources to enable them deliver on programmes that enable active citizenship and social mobilisation, economic empowerment and participation in policy making and monitoring in Ghana. We deliver our programmes through three key strategic objectives namely:
• Strengthened democratic governance: Citizens are empowered to participate effectively in decision making and demand accountability from increasingly responsive duty bearers
• Market Access for the poor: Poor farmers are empowered and can access the services, assets and markets they need for a resilient livelihood
• Equal development for all: Issues of women and other marginalised groups are effectively integrated into governance and economic policies Job Summary
• The post holder will be responsible for implementing essential core business systems functions to enable the team to function smoothly and effectively by proactively taking responsibility of managing relationships and performance of external suppliers.
• It manages CA property and it sources and secures various contracts (with suppliers, service providers, consultants). It is the custodian of assets and responsible for all health, safety and security issues pertaining to staff and visitors.
• The role will also provide Human Resource support to the country office ensuring recruitment, performance appraisal and staff development procedures are in accordance to CA policies, ensuring effective management of information including filing of important documents on the intranet.
• The role is keenly involved in change processes including implementation of new policies and systems as they are rolled out.
• The role also line manages and builds the capacities of other staff members and is fundamental to creating a conducive working environment for all staff.
• The role overseas the country office IT support and management of databases systems; identifies problems as they arise and work with the IT Department and /or IT local service provider to resolve problems.
• The role is line-managed by the country manager. Qualification Required & Experience
• We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate who can work with both internal CA staff and external suppliers, service providers and government departments.
• The successful candidate must have significant and specialized knowledge and experience in business administration and Human resource management processes and a strong understanding of the Ghana labour law.
• You are required to have least a degree level with strong knowledge of written and spoken English.
• You will need to demonstrate the ability to build team spirit, have excellent communication skills and work to tight deadlines while undertaking multiple priorities.
• You will also have excellent planning and organizational skills using logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyses options.
• Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, be sensitive to adapting your style and approach to fit and address difficult issues when they arise by being honest and open. EVIDENCE OF COMPETENCY:
The successful candidate will have competencies in building partnerships, realising potential, stewardship over resources. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply for this post, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs
to apply online and upload your CV. If you have any queries regarding this advert, please contact:- [email protected]
. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. Closing Date:
29 July, 2015