Judicial Service of Ghana
Job Vacancy For Court Interpreters
The Judicial Service of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant position: Court Interpreters
Successful candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
• Interpret court proceedings from local or foreign languages to English language and vice versa
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised accredited institution: academic qualification in the spoken language(s) will be an added advantage
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Application and knowledge in the use of the Internet
• High level of integrity.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English language.
• Good oral communication in any of the followings sets of languages/dialects
• Must speak at least three (3) local languages.
UPPER EAST REGION
• Gruni and any two of the following: Hausa, Fulani, Kassim, Talenai Bull and Twi
• Kusaal and any two of the following Hausa, Moshi and Twi.
• Kasem and any two of the following Moshi, Nankan and Boli.
• Twi (Asante) and any two of the following: Hausa, Ewe, Gruni. Dagbanni, Dagaaba and Fulani
BONO, BONO EAST & AHAFO REGIONS
• Twi (Bono) and any two of the following: Gonja, Fulani, Kusaai and Dagaare.
• Twi (Fante or Asante) and any two of the following: Hausa, Fulani, Nzema, Etutu (Guan), Wassa and Ewe.
• Twi (Akuapim or Asante) and any two of the following: Krobo, Hausa and Ewe
WESTERN/WESTERN NORTH REGIONS
• Nzema and any two of the following: Fante, Ahanta and Brosa
• Wassa and any two of the following: Ewe, Fante, Nzema.
GREATER ACCRA REGION
• Ga and any two of the following Dangbe, Twi, Ewe and Hausa.
• Dangbe and any two of the following: GaTwi, Ewe and Hausa
Volta Oti Regions:
• Ewe and any of the following: Krobo, Guan Hausa, Twi and Futani
UPPER WEST REGION
• Dagaari and any two of the following: Waale. Sisaala and Twi.
• Nanumba and any two of the following: Dagbani, Konkomba, Gonja
• Gonja and any two of the following: Akan, Dagbani and Konkomba
• Brefo and any two of the following Dagaari, Waale and Twi.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How To Apply For The Job
NB: Candidates must show evidence of completion of National Service.
Applications should be directed to the address below:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service Headquarters
P. O. BOX 119
NB: Candidates must indicate their region of choice
Closing Date: 12 Sep, 2021
Prospective applicants should note that the Judicial Service does not use recruitment agencies, individuals, or internet sites in its recruitment process.