• Job title: Creative designer
• Department: Marketing
• Directly reports to: Marketing Manager
• The Creative Designer will be responsible for the creative of DKT’s Brands (Fiesta, Kiss, Lydia, No Yawa and DKT).
• The creative designer will prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
• The Creative designer will also be responsible for the creatives on all DKT’s Social Media pages (including creating the posts)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Creates 14 weekly post (2 per day) per brand (Fiesta, Kiss, Lydia and No Yawa) for Facebook, including matching creatives
• Answers all FB questions within 24 hours of posting
• Updates the websites of DKT (Fiesta, Lydia and No Yawa) on a monthly basis
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by Marketing Manager periodically.
• Ensure confidentiality in the handling of all business related issues.
• Contribute to achievement of overall program goals.
• To help in the achievement of DKT’s sales targets through ATL and BTL advertisement, sponsorship, activations and other innovative means.
• To assist in making DKT’s brands the topmost brands in their categories.
Qualification Required & Experience
• While entry is open to non-graduates, preference will be given to those with relevant degrees.
• A degree in graphic design is advantageous although other art and design subjects will be accepted.
• A range of relevant postgraduate programs are also available in many higher education institutions.
• You will need work experience and a portfolio of work to show employers.
• This can be obtained through internships and holiday work.
• Employers also expect a good knowledge of design software, such as Quark, InDesign or Illustrator plus photo-editing software, including PhotoShop.
Statement of Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
• Interest in and understanding of Social Media
• Skills in website design and website management is a plus
• Exceptional creativity and innovation
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
• Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
• Positive outlook on issues related to related to Sexual and Reproductive Health
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly direct all CVs to:-
13 November, 2015
No walk in CVs will be accepted.