Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
CSSD Supervisor SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintaining the processing and supply of sterile devices to theatre and other auxiliary departments in the hospital. Management and supervision of CSSD staff. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Ensures the sterility of the equipment in their charge.
• Inventory – ensuring stock of sterile devices is up to date and sufficient to meet the requirements of theatres and other auxiliary departments – stock takes, inventory management, ordering of equipment.
• Equipment maintenance – supervises requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, removal of defective equipment.
• Monitoring of biological and chemical wash solutions to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
• Supervise the operating and monitoring steam autoclaves, sonic washers, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Ensure compliance with established departmental policies and procedures, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
• Assign duties to staff and monitor performance.
• Mentoring and training of CSSD staff, implementation of new technologies, policies and procedures.
• Record keeping – processes, maintenance records, Instrument Control Lists, inventory, statistical records, stock counts etc. Qualification Required & Experience JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Degree/Diploma in General Nursing
• Current Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana
• CSSD Certification an advantage
• Recent CSSD or peri-operative experience an advantage
• Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
• Customer-focus with good interpersonal skills leading to productive customer relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Staff management skills
• Ability to prioritize by managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed effectively and timeously
• Ability to ensure work of a high-quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks
• Available to work flexible hours if and when required
• Knowledge of correct sterilization processes, methods and of correct usage and handling of equipment
• Stock control, budgeting and cost containment.
• Teaching and mentoring skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021