Twitter is looking for a highly-skilled Deputy Lead to manage daily content production across products including Twitter Moments and Trending Topics in Nigeria. This role is responsible for overseeing the output of a team focused on quickly, accurately and impartially summarising complex conversations that are unfolding in real-time on Twitter.
This person will work as part of a global, high-performing team to provide 24/7 coverage and ensure the Curators’ work meets our high standards.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana and focused on Nigeria. You may need to work weekends. Success in this role is measured by:
• Delivering consistently high levels of quality assurance on curated content
• Ensuring curated content is delivered impartially and accurately
• Prioritizing the team’s work effectively under time pressure
• Overseeing all day-to-day curated content decisions and know when to escalate them
• Tracking success metrics and use data to inform and improve content decision-making Responsibilities:
• Providing easy-to-understand, constructive feedback to aid team and individual development
• Giving feedback to internal Product and Tooling teams
• Encouraging knowledge sharing to prepare the team for covering the most impactful conversations
• Working collaboratively as part of a global team that works with internal partners
• Planning at least one month in advance for major upcoming regional events Qualification Required & Experience
• BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience
• Written and verbal fluency in English and English Pidgin; other West African languages are a plus
• Excellent written communication skills
• 5+ years of experience working in journalism, publishing, content moderation or similar
• Extensive experience of using Twitter, preferably as a tool in reporting
• Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political system
• Experience with news gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc preferred but not required. A few other things we value:
• Challenge - We work with Twitter's product and standards teams to solve some of the industry’s hardest content problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as a curator.
• Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
• Work-Life Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
12 May, 2021