Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Curriculum Development, Teaching & Learning Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Advisor Key Phase 5 Curriculum & Key Advisor Teaching & Learning Partnerships
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for coordinating implementation of the ‘Curriculum Development, Teaching & Learning’ component and related activities. This involves working closely with the Key Phase 5 Curriculum Development/Implementation Key Adviser and the Teaching and Learning Partnerships Key Adviser to oversee the following tasks and activities:
• Assist in organising collaborative and consultative stakeholder engagement processes to hold a national conversation about the purpose, shape and nature of Senior High School education (Key Phase 5) within the context of Ghana’s education reforms and socio-economic development plans leading to the production of a National Key Phase 5 Education Policy aligned with the Education Strategic Plan (ESP) 2018-30, the National Teachers’ Standards (NTS), The National Pre-Tertiary Curriculum Framework and the Comprehensive National Teacher Policy for Ghana
• Support NaCCA and other agencies to review the work that has been carried out to date on the detailed curriculum content for all core and elective subjects within Key Phase 5 (SHS 1 to SHS 3) to ensure that they are relevant and appropriate within the context of both the National Key Phase 5 Education Policy and the National Pre-Tertiary Curriculum Framework.
• Support NaCCA and GES to produce a package of curriculum materials, focusing on core subjects, for roll-out and training of teachers across all SHS. Support GES to develop and implement a phased training programme for SHS teachers which seeks to develop and extend the weekly Professional Development Community/Professional Learning Community (PDC/PLC) approach used in Colleges of Education and basic schools to SHS. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in education project management, stakeholder engagement, capacity building workshops organisation and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience of curriculum development and senior secondary education in Ghana including knowledge of teaching and learning, and education quality improvement.
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020