World Food Programme
Media / Journalism
Job Vacancy For Customer Care and Call Centre Assistant At World Food Programme
Duration: 6months SSA (renewable)
Post Grade: SSA L4
• Provides customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and tracking queries, concerns and suggestions, and following-up with relevant units to ensure corrective action is taken.
• Under the direct supervision of the Snr Communications Associate, the Communications Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive, log and track concerns/issues about WFP programmes and operations into a feedback system.
• Provide immediate advice on concerns/issues in line with WFP standards and policies.
• Refer enquiries to the appropriate units, follow-up to ensure remedial action is taken in a timely manner and relay feedback to the enquirer.
• Ensure follow-up and timely closure of all logged items.
• Coordinate and expedite office wide responses to sensitive telephone and written enquiries.
• Prepare regular monthly summaries and analytical reports on the type of queries and actions taken in order to enhance M&E practices, improve programme implementation and inform senior management of potential issues which guide strategic decision making.
• Participate in the roll-out ofthe Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism
• Provide information on WFP programmes and operations
• Monitor traditional andsocialrnedla and report-relevant information to supervisor to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies
• Prepare content for traditional and social media platforms, and printed materials to enhance coverage and support of WFP's activities
• Maintain updated databases of journalists, media houses, and partners
• Provide support for advocacy campaigns and events
• Perform other related duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Secondary School education but preferably Higher National Diploma/ University Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Administration, or related field
• At least two 2 years of progressively responsible experience in customer service, call centre operations, marketing, journalism, public relations, administration or related field .
• Excellent knowledge of MS-Office applications: MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
• Good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Language: Fluent in Hausa, Dagbani and Twi.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked "Customer Care and Call Centre Assistant" and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Closing Date: 15 January, 2016
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY