Sales and Marketing
Job Vacancy For Customer Service Officer
To provide assistance to the Managing Director, Showroom Officer and Sales and Marketing Manager to achieve the following:
• Provision of support and solutions to customers regarding product or service issues/concerns.
5.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Customer Service Representative’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining a significant visible presence in the Showroom to drive engagement and sales; to assist with customer experience opportunities timely and effectively while promoting and exhibiting the Company’s Way.
• Following up and closing sales quotations.
• Meet monthly contact center performance goals for customer satisfaction, quality, productivity and other key metrics.
• Ensure that customers questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly.
• Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department.
• Provide every customer with the highest level of customer service with a reassuring, professional attitude and a willingness to resolve the situation.
• Provide support and solutions to customers regarding product or service issues and concerns.
• Maintain accurate customer records by updating account information.
• Negotiate Deals with Customers
5.1 Gender Policy and Equity
• Supports and promotes gender policy and the Network's initiatives for gender sensitivity and gender equity.
• Promotes a culture of gender equity and sensitivity among staff and clients.
• Promotes and supports gender equity, equal opportunity, and diversity policy.
• Develops and maintains own knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
• Keeps abreast of current developments in furniture manufacturing industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, through local and international networking activities, as it relates to Showroom issues.
• Meets personal training and development needs through relevant Showroom related professional and commercial training and networking activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Prior experience as a customer service or marketing officer, ideally at a similar company.
• Extensive experience selling comparable products.
• Degree in Marketing or similar is highly advantageous.
• Minimum 1 year of call center and customer service experience
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with customers via phone and written correspondence
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to make quick decisions to provide the best issue-resolution
• Proficient with computer-based work; Ability to learn in-house software applications
• Must work with integrity in all interactions and strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
6.2 Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Proven ability to use sound judgment and decision making
• Proven ability to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
• Proven ability to set clear goals and expectations
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and utilize communication tools appropriately
• Proven ability to exceed customer satisfaction
• Proven ability to motivate self and others
• Ability to use critical thinking
• Excellent identification of key causes
6.3 Planning and Performance Management
• Ability to set and deliver business goals
• Ability to plan, budget and organize various functions necessary to accomplish project goals and activities
• Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and service agreements
6.4 Reporting and Communication Skills
• Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit Showroom reports and correspondence
• Exceptional oral skills and ability to speak clearly to Showroom staff, communicate clearly and persuasively, and instruct others
• Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports
• Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to the MD, Management and employees
• Listening, comprehension and understanding skills and sensitivity to the emotional, attitudinal and political aspect of human resources management
6.5Organization and Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to enthuse and inspire employees to give their best in order to achieve goals
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned task
• Ability to supervise, train and foster the development of staff providing feedback, support and encouragement
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and teams
• Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, and time management skills
• Has a positive “can do” mentality and has the ability to address challenges and exploit all available resources to accomplish objectives
• Ability to motivate others by personal role modelling, professional credibility, and trust
• Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to employee’s personal information
• Ability to maintain and promote fair, non-discriminatory employment practices and employee treatment
6.6 Commitment to the Company’s Mission and Gender Policy and Equity
• Commitment to mission, corporate values and motivation as expressed in the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the work area
• Commitment to poverty eradication and an ability to transform the lives and communities of people in poverty
• Ability to support and implement transformational activities aimed at empowering all staff and clients in such a way that they become agents of social, spiritual, political, and economic transformation in their own communities
• Commitment to promoting and supporting gender policy and equity
• Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity policy and equity
6.7 Basic Mathematical and Numeric Skills
• Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Skill to locate routine mathematical errors
• Computation of rate, ratio and percent including the drafting and interpretation of Showroom reports
6.8 Personal Computer Operation
• Intermediate skills in personal computer operation
• Reporting and communication software programs - word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet
• Typing speed to meet Showroom needs of the position.
7. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
• Management Team at all levels
• Production staff
• QS/Installation staff
• Procurement Officer
• Credit Controller
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
Closing Date: 20 July, 2022