Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Data Engineer in anticipation of an upcoming project on Data Production and Use.The Data Engineer will be responsible for building MoH/GHS public health data pipelines to bring together information from different source systems. S/He will lead the integration, consolidation and cleansing of data and structure it for use in analytics applications. Job Title:
Data Engineer Job Location:
These long-term positions will be based in the Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country Company Name:
Systems for Development (S4D) Job Description
• Design, build and maintain data structures, databases, and data processing pipelines to support the projects.
• Develop models that will analyze and organize raw data.
• Build data pipelines that will enable the MOH/GHS collect data points from users and process the results in near real-time
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Build algorithms and pipelines that make it easier for users in the MoH/GHS enterprise access raw data while understanding business requirements and where data fits into the business model in order to meet the enterprise’s needs.
• Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
• Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
• Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
• Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
• Collaborate with members of the team on the project's goals.
• Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
• Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
• Identify opportunities for data acquisition Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters’ degree (preferred in Computer Science, Statistics, or any quantitative field).
• Have a solid understanding of relational databases, and the applications and programs used by those databases.
• Skilled in programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Scala and SQL.
• Understands data modeling, including conceptualization and database optimization
• Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets
• A good understanding of ETL tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
• Understand data warehouses and data lakes and how they work.
• Ability to code in Python to create web scrapers, ETL processes and data analysis preprocesses.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in consulting or at high-tech companies
• Strong background in business intelligence (BI) platforms and the ability to configure them
• Strong passion for the following topics – Machine Learning, Data Quality Management, Data warehousing
• Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to companies to address real world problems and opportunities
• Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization
• Growth mindset, positive attitude & strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment & deal with new issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply, kindly submit your application to: [email protected]
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Closing Date:
22 October, 2021