Job Vacancy For Data Management Officer At Petroleum Commission
Reports to: IT/Data Manager
The Petroleum Commission Ghana is looking for a Data Management professional for the new Data Management Centre (National Data Repository). The centre will manage and administer all of Ghana's upstream petroleum data to enable the commission provide high quality pretroleum data to the Oil and Gas industry globally. The vision of the Data Management centre is to create a state-of-the-art centre in Ghana and provide a model for petroleum data management is West Africa.
• To support the development of the commission's Data centre, manage Geological & Geophysical data storage and take responsibility for the operation and maintenance of a range of specialized ICT infrastructure for the management of petroleum data ad to utilize in-house databases to carry out daily production and quality control of data
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Liaise with the business and leadership team to define, document, implement and enforce policies, procedures and standards for seismic, well and production data management, data loading capacity management and quality assurance
• Provide top tier siesmic, well and production data management support with a goal to ensuring that the best data sets are available for technical users
• Work collaborativity with Geosience department and to ensure that "best practices" for petroleum data management are being leveraged across the commission.
• Responsible for the day to day running of the petroleum data management centre located at the petroleum data management centre located at the Petroleum Commission Centre located in Accra.
• Responsible for the management and leadership of a team of data management personnel
• Responsible for all aspects of petroleum data management to include defining, documenting and enforcing standards and workflows for loading, managing and archiving seismic data
• Serve as key contact for all data management projects and data related issues and promptly resolve all matters so as to maintain availability, integrity and quality of the petroleum data for the petroleum commission and its customers.
• Assume active role in evaluating and recommending new data management utilities and software with a goal of optimizing data management processes, data mastering, improving business workflows and reducing seismic data cradle-to-grave life cycle times
• Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure in both front and backend operating environments.
• Stong knowledge and understanding of the seismic data life cycle to include acquisition methodologies, processing workflows and basic interpretation workflows
• In-depth knowledge of information systems security principles, practices and technologies
• Knowledge of the following technical field is desirable, system programming, database administration, high availability clustering, Windows, Linux and UNIX
• Analytical thinking
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to lead teams effectively.
• Ability to work well with others (Team Work)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, ICT, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or its equivalent is required
• Proficiency in Geoscience will be an advantage
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, ICT, Or information systems Management/Engineering with proficiencies in Geoscience is preferred
• Professional qualification in ICT, Computer Science etc, is an advantage
• Minimum of eight(8) years relevant working experience
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be sent to:-
Closing Date: 25 September, 2015