The Systems for Health Data Manager will support the updating and maintenance of the project database. This position will also provide logistical support to the Monitoring & Evaluation staff. Specific Responsibilities:
• Update project database
• Work with technical staff to review and enter data on project activities undertaken
• Conduct data cleaning, validation and troubleshooting to ensure the integrity of the project database
• Actively support compilation and analysis of data used for project deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports
• Prepare and submit periodic monitoring reports on the performance of the project database to the Systems for Health Deputy Chief of Party – Health Systems.
• Ensure information security through the maintenance of the pass-word protected database which is regularly backed-up
• Provide support to Monitoring & Evaluation staff including coordinating logistics and arrangements for M&E activities
• Any other duties as requested by the DCOP – Health Systems and M&E Advisors. Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Statistics or related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing and maintaining databases.
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work with interactive computer programs
• Understanding and experience with health information and data in Ghana.
• Good time management and organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure
• Good interpersonal skills and good command of English language
• Experience working with USG-funded projects is an added advantage. Please note:
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana
Or email to:- [email protected]
indicating “Data Manager” in the subject line. Closing Date:
21 September, 2015 Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.