Elementary and Secondary School Principals and Faculty, Finance Department, Advancement and Registrars Offices, Parents and Student
• The Database Administrator/IT Support administers, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains the school’s databases, primarily Administrator’s Plus and provides the primary desktop and software-related technical support for problem resolutions; provides backup support to the IT Manager with help-desk support functions; participates in planning of future upgrades and technology enhancements.
• Produces routine daily, monthly and special reports.
• This position is also responsible for basic database system modifications in response to departmental needs and day-to-day system integrity, including recommending strategies to ensure data integrity.
• Provides in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on School Management Database and ManageBac Application and software-related issues
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems, working with outside vendors/technical support as needed, and documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution
• Routine data migration from main information system to ManageBac and vice versa
• Provides back-up support to the IT Manager in supporting the school’s network and infrastructure
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates database systems and user needs to provide recommendations and solutions to conform with overall vision and mission of the school
• Develops strategies for and manages the implementation of database consolidations to streamline efficiencies as needed throughout the school
• Participates in planning and execution of future upgrades and technology enhancements
• Manages data acquisitions such as student data, and provides support when needed for inputting these records into Admin Plus.
• Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the school’s databases and software applications
• Is accountable for the accuracy and integrity of all database files; implements quality
control mechanisms; performs data entry and oversees the data entry process; recommends and implements policies, procedures and guidelines for data entry when necessary
• Trains faculty on the use of the school’s standard software applications/databases, as needed
• Develops and produces accurate and timely routine and special reports, and data retrievals for staff as needed, printing of report cards, and is the point person for managing custom reporting requests
• Conducts all global changes and/or data imports to maintain data, and periodically eliminates obsolete query, export and report parameter settings
• Remains informed on software updates, upgrades and additional services
• Actively integrates Professional Standards and Service Standards into daily interactions
• Printing I.D Cards for staff, Parents, Drivers, Nannies, Students and others.
• Database Management
• Supports Admissions, counselors and SS principals.
• Report Cards modification and printing,
• Perform Secondary School Students Scheduling
• Communicate and follow thru with needed updates to keep Administrator Plus system up to date
ManageBac (Integrated Curriculum Planning and Assessment Application)
• Work with principals and counselors to assign students to courses and
• Work with Principals and the Technology Integrationist to provide
teachers needed support in their use of Managebac
• Support Nurses (Updates from Admin Plus)
• H.R System Support
GENERAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT
• Creating Backups
• Contacting Rediker for supports when the need arises
General I.T Supports
• Helps with printing issues, application issues, installations, etc
• Supports setups (eg. AV) when the need arises.
• End User Support for IT Services.
• Supports mounting of smart boards and projectors when the need arises
• Technically Support for the Advancement Office
Skill and Abilities:
• Ability to make, follow through and document accountability for short and long term
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues throughout the school
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Ability to train, and effectively utilize staff and volunteers
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to sit for two-hour intervals for up to 8 hours per day under artificial lighting and
operate a computer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine and other business
• High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a wide variety of technological equipment
• Highly organized, with superior problem resolution and analytical skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in an IT related field
• Oracles Certification preferred
• Professional training and/or certification in advanced use of relational databases
• minimum 2 years relational database experience on a variety of programs
• Experience of working with Microsoft Office® products, specifically Word, Excel,
Access, Outlook and PowerPoint, ability to train end users to intermediate and
• Experience with Rediker Suite of Software including Administrator Plus ( preferred)
• Experience with Apple workstations and applications ( preferred)
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and
power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and
peripherals and printers ( weight approximately 40 pounds)
• Available for occasional weekend and evening work
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter to:
Mrs. Louisa Mensah-Baah
, Director of Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Lincoln Community School
PMB CT 354
Tel. Phone: (233)302 - 774018 / 302 - 772964
Fax: (233)302 - 780985
11 December, 2015
• That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success,
• That contribution is not limited to the assigned responsibilities.
• Therefore this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or LCS to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.