AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) limited A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Database Geologist
• The incumbent is accountable for the maintenance and improvement of mining geological databases collection and validation to ensure that the company has up-to-date accurate mining geological data for subsequent resource modelling.
• Ensure that the company has up-to-date accurate geological database.
• Ensure the consistency of the geological data and reporting methodology is accurate and readily available.
• Transfer or retrieval of geological data into and from the mining database.
• Provide compilation and administration of geological and mining resource data.
• Monitor and improve the operation of all Geological Data collection and ensure data is entered timely, accurately, validated and made available for relevant projects and mining
• Generate database queries, reports and validation routines to maintain integrity of all data and ensure regular backups of the Databases are performed by the IT Section
• Support the preparation and presentation of short to long term and statutory reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Geological Engineering or Geology,
• Minimum of three (3) years work experience in the field as a geologist, either in open pit operations, min, Or
• Proven experience in a database administration role.
• Solid grounding in geological database management.
• High level experience with MS Excel, MS Access and Century Systems or other data management packages with exposure to 3D packages and GIS is a bonus.
• Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
• Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses:
The Senior Manager - Human Resources
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P. O. Box 283
27 March, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview