The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates as Dean of the Faculty of Law
• The Dean serves as the academic and administrative head of the Faculty and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for providing leadership to the Faculty. He/She is also responsible for the general administration of the Faculty in respect of human and material resources of the Faculty within the general framework of UPSA's statutes and policies and/or as may be determined by the University Council and Academic Board.
• The successful candidate will help shape the future of the Faculty in ways consistent with UPSA's vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the appointed Dean will have a distinguished record of academic achievements and managerial competence.
• Provide leadership and guidance in maintaining and enhancing the vigour of research, scholarship, and other activities of the Faculty
• Foster academic excellence in established courses and programmes, exploring innovative approaches to teaching, and enhancing the educational experience of students at the Faculty of Law
• Ensure that all standards of accreditation are met by the Faculty
• Make recommendations to the Academic Board for the development of new programmes and professional development courses and refinement of existing programmes at the Faculty of Law
• Establish partnerships with national and international institutions
• Perform any other incidental and related duties as directed by the Vice-Chancellor
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
• Preferably be of at least a Senior Lecturer rank from a reputable institution
• Be capable of providing academic leadership to the Faculty
• Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing an academic unit
• Demonstrable experience in the running and management of educational programmes, industry and public service
• Strong commitment to academic excellence
• Knowledge of the laws of Ghana and international laws
• Expertise in national and international accreditation systems
• Ability to develop external relations
• Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in higher educational institution(s)
• A distinguished research and publications record I
• Ability to take initiatives leading to innovation and the development of new academic programmes
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should download Application Form from the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) website.
Completed application form together with detailed resume, photocopies of relevant certificates and names of three referees who are conversant with applicant's academic/professional competence should be forwarded to:
The Director of Human Resource,
University of Professional Studies, Accra
P.O.Box LG 149,
Legon - Accra
Or emailed to:
31 March, 2020