Deputy Chief of Party
AMPLIFIES Ghana, ASA/WISHH Program
Food for Progress
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Chief of Party in planning, implementing and supervising field activities in the Greater Accra, Ashanti and Brong Ahafo regions of Ghana;
• Assist the CoP and ASA/WISHH HQ to recruit, screen and hire the AMPLIFIES Ghana project staff
• Oversee the technical work of consultants and implementing partners to ensure that deliverables and timelines are being met and are within compliance;
• Coach and guide in-country staff/consultants to ensure compliance under USDA, ASA regulations and policy guidelines, country specific laws and other related policies as appropriate;
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the project schedule, timelines and milestones (including baseline development, assessments and external evaluations) .
• Keep abreast of Government of Ghana strategies, studies, policies and programs/projects related to the agriculture and poultry value chains improvements
• Prepare advance notifications (ADNOTs) and end result contract (ERCs) drafts for technical consultants;
• Provide timely, technical input into monthly, semi-annual and annual reports for further review by the COP and ASA-WISHH US-based staff.
• Contribute to annual work plan development, including editing, drafting, research, analysis for technical content.
• Organize, lead and/or co-lead technical sessions/workshops with implementing partners (sub-contractors) towards the achievement of results and enhanced coordination of efforts.
• Represent AMPLIFIES project at technical and scientific conferences, workshops and meetings with Government Departments and key poultry and feed associations and networks.
• Contribute to the review of vouchers, payments, etc. as needed
• Participate in both in-house and multi-stakeholder team meetings to identify barriers to progress and formulate mitigation strategies/steps to alleviate these.
• In close cooperation with the ASA/WISHH COP, promote and facilitate integrated programming and coordination between implementing partners and other stakeholders including the Government of Ghana, poultry Associations, private industry and academia.
• Oversee project staff in their implementation of operational and logistical activities such as conference and workshop/training preparations and implementation, translation services, land and air travel arrangements and other inputs that facilitate efficient and effective ASA-WISHH program implementation
• Maintain a working knowledge of donor and Ghanaian government regulations and, in collaboration with COP, changes in ASA-WISHH policies or procedures needed to maintain compliance and provide information and program implementation guidance to other ASA-WISHH in-country and US-based staff;
• Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the ASA-WISHH program and operations in Ghana.
• Act as COP when the COP is out of country or on leave.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 5+ years of direct (management, research, advisory)experience in the poultry, feed or feed ingredient industry in Ghana
• Sound technical (scientific/practical) knowledge in all aspects of poultry production including but not limited to:
a) Feed formulation and processing
b) harvesting, post-harvest handling and storage of feed inputs
c) Value chains
• Knowledge of USDA and/or USAID programs and regulations is desired.
• Demonstrated experience in drafting plans, reports and communication pieces for donors
• Demonstrated project and human resources management experience;
• Ability to work within a complex team matrix, with multiple stakeholders;
• Solid leadership skills including persuasion/negotiation skills and ability to problem solve
• Excellent organizational and planning skills a must;
• Capacity to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines, work under pressure monitor multiple projects and follow directions and attention to detail.
• Highly developed oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills; Demonstrated team building and interpersonal skills; expert listener
• High degree of proficiency in English and knowledge of local languages
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (at minimum)
• Agriculture or agri-business related degree (MSc. minimum), poultry science preferred
• Continuing education and professional development certification in broader project management and agriculture related topics preferred
How To Apply For The Job
send electronic submission of resume including salary requirements to:-
13 October, 2015
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply quickly as the applicant review and interview process will begin immediately.
Please write "DCoP, AMPLIFIES" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. ASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, World Initiative for Soy in Human Health (WISHH) is prohibited from discriminating in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or political beliefs. WISHH is an equal opportunity provider and employer.