Aker Energy Ghana Ltd. is an Exploration and Production (E&P) company and the operator Of the Deepwater Three Points block offshore Ghana. with offices in Accra and Oslo. Norway, The company has its sole focus on and producing oil and gas resources in Ghana in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner for the mutual benefit of Ghana and the company and its partners.
Aker Energy is part of the Norwegian Aker group of companies and builds its operations on Aker's 175 years of and proven track record of enhanced oil recovery. safe and reliable deepwater technology and operations, and development.
When you join Aker Energy. you join a diverse and experienced team. We are looking for dynamic and entrepreneurial people to take an active part in this industry adventure. Bold and innovative ideas are welcomed at Aker Energy. The *get it done* team spirit and ambitious objectives will provide exciting growth and development opportunities for the right Candidate.
Our values are Transparent; Safe, Secure and Sustainable; Innovative; Decisive; Respectful; and Value. These values are an integral part of our company culture. and the right candidate identifies with these qualities.
Deputy Country Manager
Tasks and activities
• Support the Country Manager to develop and manage the Country Office in Accra, Ghana, in accordance with the approved strategies and business plans.
• Support the Country Manager to build the necessary capabilities of the Ghana Country office and team to execute such strategies and plans.
• Support the efforts of HSSEQ, area development, subsurface, drilling and wells, field development, operations.
• Responsible for demonstrating results from the Local Content Strategy implementation with Capacity building of Local contractors and suppliers.
• Responsible for working with the relevant teams to develop and maintain a stakeholder Plan for Aker Energy activities and operations in Ghana, covering also all permits and approvals.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining relations with relevant Government Agencies in Ghana.
• Support the Country Manager to ensure that regulatory matters are handled to the best of interest for Aker Energy and its Partners.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Ghanaian with a minimum of 15 years' experience in the Oil and Gas sector with a minimum of seven years in middle or senior management.
• Preferred experience from international oil organizations and an exposure to field development projects.
• Builder of strong relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of Ghana.
• Good understanding of business integrity and compliance to anti-corruption rules and regulations.
• Experience with the local framework for conducting Oil and Gas business in Ghana.
• Experience in negotiations.
• Ability to deliver according to expectations.
• University degree, MSc or equivalent.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application to
17 September, 2019