The Judicial Service of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Deputy Director, Communications Main Duties/Responsibilities:
• Assist the Director to plan. design and manage effective communication to enhance the image of the Judiciary and the Judicial Service
• Serve as Public Relations Officer for the Service.
• Assist in designing, producing and updating of all mass communication materials, including printed and electronic publications, newsletters, brochures, websites and audio/visual presentations.
• Assist the Director to provide organizational guidance in communicating core messages to build broader recognition of the Service's vision, mission, programmes and policies.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the effective running of the Department.
• Assist in initiating, developing and maintaining positive relationships with key local and national media and public contacts for the purpose of disseminating information.
• Assist the Director to foster and maintain good relations with the other two arms of government.
• Draft speeches/memos and correspondences for Management
• Assist the Director in the preparation of annual work plans and budgets to help achieve the Communication objectives of the Service.
• Assist the Director in the efficient performance of his/her duties.
• Supervise and maintain discipline among staff within the Unit.
• Assign duties and appraise the performance of staff of the Department
• Assist in the oversight of activities of other Communication Officers in the Directorate and regions.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Director. Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters Degree in Communications
• Membership of IPR
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience Essential-Skllls Required
• Leadership and managerial skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Computer Literate in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward their applications, CVs and the names of two referees not later than two (2) weeks of 1st publication for the attention of: The Judicial Secretary, Judicial Service of Ghana, Supreme Court Administration Block, High Street, Accra;
via email: [email protected] Closing Date:
15 January, 2016