Ghana, a relatively peaceful country in the West Africa sub-region currently hosts approximately 13,000 refugees from thirty-six (36) countries across the globe. The Ghana Refugee Board (GRB) was established by PNDC LAW 305 (D) of 1992 with a broad mandate to handle and manage refugee issues, provide care, assistance and protection for all asylum seekers and refugees on the shores of Ghana. GRB is an autonomous agency of the Ministry of the Interior.
The Board is chaired by an official appointed by the President, and composed of representatives from the Ghana Police, Immigration, National Security, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Education, Gender and Social Welfare, Attorney General and Justice and the National Disaster Management Organization with an observer status for UNHCR representation.
Board functions are performed within the following legal framework: Ghana Refugee Law of 1992; the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees; the 1969 OAU Convention Governing Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa. GRB’s day-to-day affairs are handled by a Secretariat under an Executive Secretary appointed by the President on the advice of the Public Service Commission.
GRB is seeking to recruit suitably motivated and qualified persons for the following positions: Deputy Director, Human Resources
• To provide Human Resource leadership for the implementation of Board’s programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures up-to-date records and profiles of each staff; supervises preparation, monitoring and implementation of annual performance contracts and results agreements for all staff; and ensures workplace discipline, effective and efficient performance.
• Supervises the implementation of HR policies including issues of attendance, leave, promotion, general welfare of staff, compensation, allowances and related fringe benefits as related to the government legal instruments.
• Coordinates the management of policies in respect of employment, personnel, wages, and salaries; and plans for the availability of resources and services to support the work of the Board.
• Design and implement frameworks for organizational development; and coordinates the preparation and delivery of all training programs for staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Postgraduate degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution in Social Sciences, Migration and Refugee Studies or relevant academic field and discipline
• Minimum of Ten (10) years post -qualification relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable organization
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Board in collaboration with the Public Services Commission (PSC)
• Knowledge in Labor Laws and Collective Bargaining skills
• Computer proficiency skills
• Strategic planning, research, analytical, report writing and presentation skills
• Leadership, Human Relations and Communication and Negotiation skills
• Team Leader and Player
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your CV and statement of purpose to:
Only those who meet the criteria above should apply
31 May, 2019