Established as the University Primary School (UPS) in 1955 with an initial enrollment of 36 pupils, it moved to its present premises in 1958 as the Demonstration School. The Junior Secondary School was later added in 1987 with an initial enrollment of 68. The school now has over 1500 pupils in three Departments; Kindergarten, Primary and Junior High.
• The Deputy Head will support the Head of School in the general administration, development, and growth of the school as a center of academic excellence and will be required to provide leadership and exercise initiative in the management of an establishment with a growing student population in a competitive national environment.
• Must have a very good first degree in a relevant discipline.
• Must have a Master’s degree in Education (M.Ed.) in a relevant field (preferably
• Educational Administration,
• Educational Administration and Management,
• Educational Leadership and Management
• Educational Measurement and Evaluation).
• Must be a teacher on the rank of at least Principal Teacher with a minimum of ten years’ progressively responsible professional experience.
• Must be a visionary and must be able to assist to establish linkages within the University system and between the school and the wider public.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• Must be able to establish and maintain high academic standards and discipline
• Must have an excellent track record in the adoption of new techniques for teaching and learning.
The Deputy Head is responsible for assisting leadership in maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order on the campus. The successful applicant will also support the Head to build a first-class school.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022. This is a Senior Member appointment and subsequent renewal (s) will be performance based.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application dossier to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana
(Hardcopy) or [email protected]
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• a cover letter expressing interest in the position,
• a detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• names and addresses of three (3) referees who are familiar with their qualification and experience
• A statement of the candidate’s vision for the school (not more than 1200 words).
27 June, 2022