Deputy Information Technology Support Officer
• Vacancy Notice No
– 23/15 Acc
• Position Type:
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Ghc 2,159.00 Per Month Main purpose of job
To be a part of the IT team that supports the IT infrastructure of all HMG departments located at the British High Commission, Accra. Roles and responsibilities Firecrest Support: 35%
• Maintain and support Firecrest Infrastructure at Post
• Install Firecrest Hardware
• Manage and maintain User accounts, Distribution lists and mailboxes
• Provide user support, and maintain a log on ITSO SharePoint site DFID IT Technical Support: 30%
• Maintain and Support DFID IT Infrastructure in Accra
• Implement major hardware and software changes and updates.
• Provide User support, where resolution demands local assistance. ECHO Support: 10%
• Act as point of contact for ECHO Support.
• Perform 1st level support of ECHO equipment.
• Provide guidance and support to ECHO users. Information Management: 5%
• Promote best practice in information management and in the use of information technology.
• Support Accra SharePoint site Manage all Office Mobile Phones, MiFi’s and Blackberry’s: 20%
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all Office Mobile phones, MiFi’s and Blackberries
• Liaise with the Procurement Team to purchase Office Mobile phones, MiFi’s and Blackberry’s when the need arises.
• Liaise with external Telecommunication Service providers, and manage the various telephony contracts. Qualification Required & Experience Essential on arrival:
• A qualification in an Information and Communication Technology related subject.
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
• At least one year’s experience
• Hardware support experience
• Knowledge of IT trends, experience in providing support to users. Desirable:
Ability to troubleshoot Hardware and software issues Language requirements:
• Language: English Level of language required: Fluent Key competences required for the job:
• Demonstrating Resilience
• Making Effective Decisions
• Leading and Communicating
• Delivering at Pace Salary:
Ghc 2,159.00 Per Month Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
The High Commission offers excellent online training, available to all staff, which is both job-specific and offers wider development opportunity. We offer a good L&D environment and encourage staff to develop their skills and expertise. Job shadowing etc is actively encouraged. NOTE:
• All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
• The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
• Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
• Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
• Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
• If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
• Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Given the nature of this role, employment will be subject to obtaining the appropriate security clearance. Please note that nationals of UK, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are more likely to meet this requirement. However any other national capable of being cleared to minimum relatively high level can also apply. To Apply
All applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV in English and Attached Application Form
, by email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
06 July, 2015
• Please submit only the requested documents. Please also ensure that your email including attachments is no larger than 2 megabytes, otherwise it may be rejected by your email system or the systems through which it will pass en route to us.
• Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent 24 months of appraisal evidence (i.e. two full appraisals, or however many abridged appraisals, minutes etc to make up two years’ worth of evidence) to the same email address.
• Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 23/15 ACC, and position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
• All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 23/15 ACC, and position you are applying for.