Job Vacancy For Deputy Judicial Secretary At Judicial Service of Ghana
The Judicial Service of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Deputy Judicial Secretary - Judicial Policy, Reforms And Projects Directorate
• The Deputy Judicial Secretary responsible for the Judicial Policy Reforms and Projects Directorate shall assist the Chief justice in the areas of judicial policy formulation, necessary for initiating and implementing reforms to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the justice delivery system. The duties to be performed shall include the following:
• Develop and review judicial policy in critical areas and make recommendations for reforms.
• Review best practices in court processes and procedures in other jurisdictions and make recommendations to the Chief Justice and the Judicial Council for consideration.
• Make appropriate recommendations for the introduction of relevant technologies to facilitate the justice delivery processes and systems
• Review and provide Information on courts and court processes which require attention and reform
• Facilitate the education of the public on court procedures and processes in collaboration with other relevant Directorates.
• Serve as the In-House Counsel of the Judicial Service, liaising with the Office of the Attorney-General to facilitate the provision of legal services to the Judicial Service
• Assist the Contracts Committee in the review of all contracts entered into by the Judicial Service and generally provide legal advice to the Judicial Service
• Identify development partners whose activities relate to Justice delivery and develop proposals to these partners for support
• Ensure the management, coordination and delivery of all donor funded projects.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief of Justice and the Judicial Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Ghanaian enrolled on the the Roll of Lawyers in Ghana
• Must be of not less than ten (10) years standing at the Bar
• Must have considerable experience in judicial policy formulation and the ability to lead reform and change processes
• Experience in project management will be an added advantage
• Must be Computer literate in MS Word, PowerPoint, Access etc.
• Must have excellent research policy analysis and writing and communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae including relevant certificates of names and contact details of three referees for the attention of:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service of Ghana
Supreme Court Administration Block
P.O. Box 119 Accra
Closing Date: 16 November, 2015