The Deputy Managing Director, Finance and Administration (DMD, F & A) directs and manages all financial and investment policies and practices. as well as Administration function and performs other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and the Board.
Assist the Managing Director in the following:
Finance and Accounting
• Ensure formulation of Financial and Accounting strategies, policies. programmes and establishment of systems and procedures for the Company.
• Ensure development of appropriate structures, policies, procedures and action plans in relation to the Company's finances and assessment of its financial position.
• Evaluate financial position of the Company vis-a-vis its policies and programmes and advise accordingly.
• Prepare timely financial statements and reports for Management, the Board, Statutory bodies and other agencies duly authorised by the Board in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
• Ensure that all financial transactions of the Company are properly executed and accounted for in accordance with laid-down regulations and meet the Company's policies and targets.
• Ensure that the Company has an efficient and effective control system in place to monitor financial transactions of the Company.
• Ensure that the Accounting function is carried out effectively and efficiently and that records are maintained to professional accounting standards.
• Establish and maintain an efficient budgetary control system and ensure that yearly budgetary targets are attained
• Ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and laws.
• Oversee the Finance Department and ensure development of staff for attainment of full potential.
• Advise Management and the Board on investment strategy and policy and submit monthly and quarterly reports on investment to the Board.
• Ensure effective Risk Management Framework for the Company
• Oversee the orderly and efficient conduct of the activities of the Estates, Public Relations and General Services units, as well as the protection and preservation of the Company's assets.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree and must be a qualified professional accountant with ICA, ACCA, CA or CIMA.
• Recognised professional qualification or experience in Finance and Investment.
• MBA in Finance is preferred.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification work experience as an accountant with at least ten (10) of those years in a senior management role.
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience in financial
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience in investment
• ACII will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in reinsurance
• In-depth knowledge of reinsurance accounting, including computation of Premium Adjustment, Profit Commission. Portfolio Adjustment and Reinstatement Premium.
• In-depth knowledge of the accounting treatment of reinsurance reserves.
• Fair knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 17).
• Excellent computer skills and use of appropriate accounting and investment software.
• Excellent knowledge in Taxation Laws.
• Ability to research and analyse investment strategies and market conditions and advise on appropriate investment strategy options.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as knowledge in managing others and empowering people in decision making and execution.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please send their applications and CV to:
11 January, 2020