Responsibilities: Hemodialysis Machines:
• Maintains a high standard of operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Assembles, operates, monitors, and repairs any machine related to hemodialysis.
• Supports the general operation of the dialysis machines’ blood pumps, air detectors, heparin pump, chloride meters and water treatment equipment.
• Provides quarterly, semi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance of all dialysis machines.
• Maintains all records for machines and equipment for all maintenance and repairs.
• Maintains an inventory of all spare parts. Water Systems and Reverse Osmosis (RO) Treatment:
• Maintains a high standard of operation and maintenance on water distribution loop and RO.
• Performs all required repair, calibration, testing, cleaning, and disinfection of the water distribution loop and RO’s according to protocol.
• Perform water quality checks to include but not limited to; free chlorine,total chlorine, and water hardness testing.
• Collect water samples for AAMI analysis testing according to protocol.
• Collect samples of RO water and dialysate for microbiology testing according to protocol.
• Disinfection of RO, distribution system, and hemodialysis machines according to protocol.
• Perform safety checks and test on all pre-treatment water equipmentincluding but not limited to carbon tanks, water softeners, RO units, UV lamps and ultra-filters. Patient Care:
• Initiates and terminates patients’ dialysis treatment, as per procedure.
• Initiation of patient assessment, continuing observation and recording observations.
• Assist with program’s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and company goals. Other Duties:
• Demonstrates effective use of supplies and staff labor hours.
• Maintains CPR certification.
• Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
• All other duties as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Senior High School (SHS) diploma University Degree in Biomedical Sciences as advantage Training or Certification by a Dialysis Machine Manufacturer or Certified Contractor and/or manufacturer of the water treatment system /dialysate system.
• Experience: minimum of 1 year experience as a Renal Dialysis Technician, Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All applications must be sent to: [email protected] Closing Date:
25 February, 2022