Ghana Education Service Council
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Director At Ghana Education Service Council
The Ghana Education Service Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities for appointment to the position of Director in the Ghana Education Service
Duties And Responsibilities:
Generally responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of government approved pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education at the direction of the Director-General.
Terms of Appointment:
• Be able to serve a minimum of three (3) years after first appointment before reaching the compulsory retirement age of 60 years
• Salary and conditions of service as lay down by the Ghana Education Service.
Qualification Required & Experience
An applicant must:
• Possess master's degree from a recognised university in management or related discipline.
• Be a serving certified professional teacher in the ghana education service.
• Be a direcfor 2 with a minimum of two (2) years substantive work experience at the rank.
• Have acted for at least two (2) years on the director 1 position, and would be able to serve for a minimum of three (3) years after appointment
• Have a satisfactory work history, proven performance and exemplary conduct
• Innovative, Inspirational, Ethical And Team Player
How To Apply For The Job
• An applicant should complete six (6) copies of an application form (specimen attached) to each one of which should be affixed a recent passport size photograph.
• Each set of application forms must be accompanied by a staff performance appraisal report (specimen attached) in six (6) copies issued by the applicant's regional/ Divisional director.
• A detailed statement of applicant's vision and strategy for the position (not more than 5-6 double spaced pages), curriculum vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail address as well as the contact information of the three (3) referees should be forwarded, not later than four (4) weeks from the date of first publication of this advertisement, together with the completed application forms to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP. 1618
Closing Date: 30 October, 2015