The Public Procurement Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic and proactive with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment as Director Capacity Development of the Public Procurement Authority. Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director, Capacity Development will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in developing and implementing best practice strategies for capacity building in the public sector procurement practice. Duties And Responsibilities:
• Plans and draws up strategy for capacity building, to support and strengthen the public procurement system.
• Assesses training needs required for the public procurement system and delivering programmes to deal with shortcomings.
• Establishes standards and performance criteria required at each level of operation.
• Identifies and collaborates with institutions that would provide formal programmes for academic qualifications to meet professional standards required at all levels of operation.
• Designs and implements procurement training programmes suitable for other professionals associated with the procurement function.
• Ensures the institutionalisation and professionalisation of the procurement class.
• Liaises with the Public Services Commission and other relevant public institutions to implement a career structure in the Public Service for procurement professionals.
• Undertakes any other functions as delegated by the Chief Executive Officer or Board. Remuneration:
Attractive. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of second degree in Human Resource Management,
• Public Administration or related field.
• Must have at least 10 years' post qualification professional experience, 5 of which must have been at strategic level management.
• Must have sound knowledge in the Public Procurement Act, 2003.
• Must have experience in developing and implementing Capacity Development Programmes.
• Must have considerable experience in international and multi-donor procurement practice.
• Work experience in the public sector will be an added advantage Essential Skills & Abilities:
• Analytical ability
• Business and Results Orientation
• Must be computer literate
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees, should reach the following address within three (3) weeks after the publication of this advertisement. THE CHAIRMAN
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
or [email protected] Closing Date:
13 July, 2015
Qualified females and people with Disability are encouraged to apply