MS Health Care Solution (MSHS) is a wholly owned commercial subsidiary of Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL), established to sell reproductive and pharmaceutical commodities in Sierra Leone and Liberia, with plans to expand to Guinea and other parts of West Africa. Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL) is a non-governmental organisation that has been providing sexual and reproductive health care services in Sierra Leone since 1986. Job Summary
The job holder is part of the senior leadership of the organisation and provides strategic financial management to the country programme. The Director, Finance and IT:
• Will ensure that appropriate financial systems /procedure and strong controls are in place to support the continued growth of the country programme.
• S/he provides leader-ship to the Finance and IT team and advises the Country Director and Senior Management Team on the financial health and strategy of the business. Key responsibilities:
• Leads the development of financial Strategies/Policies such as reserve policy, funding strategy/mix, financial aspect of strategy, reviews financial procedures manual and prepares financial annual report
• Submits all relevant (monthly, quarterly, yearly etc) donor reports in line with specific donor requirements both in-country and out - international/head office
• Leads and supervises the payroll function, ensuring there are efficient systems, processes and controls that ensure timely and accurate payment and deductions
• Leads and oversees timely external audit that ensures minimal audit issues and leads in the implementation of audit recommendations
• Keeps an efficient Fixed Asset Management system that tracks assets in all locations and ensures regular update for management decision making
• Leads stock and inventory management system that safeguards stocks and prevent wastage, ensures good custody of stock and continuous adequate stocks supplies
• Leads the IT team to ensure IT needs and systems are in place Qualification Required & Experience
• Professional qualified accountant ( ICAG. ACCA,CIMAorCPA)
• Bachelor of Accountancy or Finance or equivalent
• Masters degree or equivalent in Accounting or any relevant discipline
• Senior level work experience in financial management Experience/Skills:
• At least eight (8) years of post-graduate relevant work experience with at least four (4) years of experience in a significant senior management/director position
• Experience in successfully managing similar sized (or larger) annual budgets
• Experience of financial grant management for at least
• two of the following: USAID, DFID and European Commission; experience in developing successful proposal budgets
• Able to work on own initiative and at long periods
• Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy ,work-loads and meet stringent reporting deadlines
• Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Computer literate and hands-on experience with computerized accounting systems; knowledge of SUN systems'
• Pro-family planning and pro-choice Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• This is a local position.
• Interested Non- Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to: Director - Human Resource, Organisation and Admin Marie Stopes Int Ghana PUB 267, Accra
Or by email through: [email protected] Closing Date:
15 October, 2015