Job Vacancy For Director, Information Communication Technology At Ho Polytechnic (Volta Region)
The Director shall:
• Ensure that there is an enabling environment for the development and use of ICT in enhancing teaching, learning, research and administrative activities.
• Develop and implement an ICT policy and strategy that is sensitive to emerging technologies and responds to changing needs and practices of the Polytechnic.
• Guarantee the security of ICT resources and safety of people working in the ICT environment.
• Advise on the provision of quality network infrastructure and improve student and staff access to ICT.
• Plays leading role in sourcing adequate and sustainable funding for the Polytechnic's ICT requirements.
Qualification Required & Experience
A candidate seeking to be appointed as Director of ICT must:
• Hold a Masters degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent qualification in any IT related field.
• Hold a professional qualification in either MSCE, CCNA/CCNP, MCDBA, Oracle Certified, CIW or any related IT field.
• Have at least three (3) years post qualification working experience in a related job in any tertiary institution or similar organisations.
• Not be more than 55 years.
• Have wide knowledge and experience in ICT needs and usage in tertiary institutions
• Be abreast of current trends in ICT
• Be able to provide leadership and inspire confidence, as well as, direct and motivate staff of the Directorate
Location: Ho, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Names and addresses of three referees; and
• A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining the applicant's vision for transforming the Polytechnic's Administration and Human Resource Management System
Application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked "APPLICATION FOR REGISTRAR, HO POLYTECHNIC" to reach the following address not later than February 16, 2015.
P. O. BOX HP 217
Closing Date: 15 January, 2016
Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted