A state owned enterprise seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned vacancy in its Legal and International Relations Department
Under the General supervision of the Director-General, the successful candidate will plan, develop, and implement strategies to ensure the effective administration of the Legal and International Relations Department in the Authority. Job Function
• Ensure the provision of legal services to the Board of Directors and the Authority at large as well as provide secretarial and insurance services.
• Provision of Legal services extend to representation in court, and the management of the international relations of the Authority. Job Description
• Be responsible for the administration and management of Legal and International Relations Department
• Formulate the Legal Strategy for the Authority and a member of the Management team provides strategic advice and direction to the Director General
• Formulate an enforcement policy for regulatory functions of the Authority and ensure enforcement of the Act, its Directives, and Circulars etc,
• On behalf of the Authority, provide legal advice on issues pertaining to aviation for the guidance of the Sector Ministry
• Advice and Assist in negotiations on behalf of the Authority on the development of the law to keep within trends in the industry.
• Prepare various legal documents to safeguard the Authority’s interest and advice on the appropriateness of loan documents and all other forms of contractual obligation
• Advice all other departments on issues of legal import and is a member of the local Standing Joint Negotiating Committee
• Initiate legal action and represents the Authority in court.
• Advice on the import of air law Instruments and the need for their ratification
• With the assistance of the Estates Section, ensures that the Authority’s assets (movable and immovable) are properly documented and perfected and ensures due insurance coverage for the Authority’s assets.
• Liaise with other departments and the Attorney-General’s office to ensure
• update of legislation guiding the Authority’s operations.
• Assist in Provide donation of Air Service Agreements
• legal advice to the Board and serves as member of the Board subcommittees
• Serve on various Committees set up by the Director General.
• Develop directives
• Supervise all the job functions of the Legal Section
• Perform any other functions that may be assigned by superior. Qualification Required & Experience Applicants must have
• A minimum of a First University Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university and Master’s Degree in a related field would be an added advantage
• Professional Law Certificate BL
• Practicing Certificate with minimum of fifteen (15) years post call experience Any experience in Aviation Law will be an added advantage
• Current practicing Licence Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Be a computer literate with skills in database entries and record keeping
• Possess effective oral and writing communication skills
• Be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills.
• Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Be able to remain calm under stress. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to: [email protected] Closing Date:
09 February, 2021 NB: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED