• The successful candidate will join our team as the Director for Mobile Financial Services (MFS) in the MFS Department.
• (S)He will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for leading and managing the overall business and performance of the MFS P&L entity. The MFS Director will be in charge of analysis and defining customers, market requirements as well as trends to ensure that the business achieves it set goals.
• Develop and expand core MFS transactional business including pricing, incentive, and distribution.
• Work on main commercial drivers, optimize existing revenue streams and develop new ones.
• Review and ensure competitive trade incentive schemes to drive and maximize MFS Revenue.
• Provide direction in the management of agent network, ensure appropriate growth rate, incentivize, drive performance, quality, visibility, and liquidity.
• Develop a robust plan to optimize the development of the forecasted market, identify risks and opportunities.
• Provide direction and oversees customer acquisition efforts, maintain required subscriber intake, ARPU, and acquisition incentives and minimize churn.
• Oversee execution of product roadmap that responds to customer needs.
• Monitor product performance, trends and undertake corrective actions where required.
• Develop liquidity management strategy for MFS to ensure maximization of available liquidity options such as direct distribution, Super-Agent model, sub-dealer model and remote banking.
• Provide strategic directions to position MFS as the most innovative product.
• Coordinate with the regulator on the implementation and updating of the industry policies and align management toward them.
• Implements and documents effective risk management policies.
• Comprehensively understands all costs and revenue levers of the business unit.
• Formulate and implement detailed plans for cost optimization.
• MFS Revenues
• MFS active customers
• MFS active agents
• MFS Penetration to GSM
• MFS Risk Mitigation
Qualification Required & Experience
• A university degree in Economics, Marketing, Finance, Management, Communications, or related disciplines; MBA will be an added advantage.
• 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role with 5years leadership experience in managing MFS teams.
• Experience in telecoms, e-commerce, software, finance or other related industries preferable.
• Experience working in Emerging Markets required.
• Must possess strong analytical skills, documentation, exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to champion change and effectively guide the implementation of new ideas.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated experience and success in MFS and transactional business.
• Solid knowledge of Ghana’s financial market and financial regulatory environment.
• Demonstrated proven skills of introducing and implementing key MFS initiatives for growth.
• Know-how of the distribution structure in market.
• The ability to build and sustain positive business relationships internally and externally.
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
• Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies.
• Good understanding of project management, particularly with business solution deployment and risk/change management.
• Strong background in product development.
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, including use of financial models.
• Solid understanding of mobile financial services, branchless banking channels and transactional payment platforms in Emerging Markets.
• Strategic thinking, P & L management and budget driven.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
01 March, 2023