Aker Energy Ghana Ltd. is an Exploration and Production (E&P) company and the operator Of the Deepwater Three Points block offshore Ghana. with offices in Accra and Oslo. Norway, The company has its sole focus on and producing oil and gas resources in Ghana in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner for the mutual benefit of Ghana and the company and its partners.
Aker Energy is part of the Norwegian Aker group of companies and builds its operations on Aker's 175 years of and proven track record of enhanced oil recovery. safe and reliable deepwater technology and operations, and development.
When you join Aker Energy. you join a diverse and experienced team. We are looking for dynamic and entrepreneurial people to take an active part in this industry adventure. Bold and innovative ideas are welcomed at Aker Energy. The *get it done* team spirit and ambitious objectives will provide exciting growth and development opportunities for the right Candidate.
Our values are Transparent; Safe, Secure and Sustainable; Innovative; Decisive; Respectful; and Value. These values are an integral part of our company culture. and the right candidate identifies with these qualities.
Director of External Affairs
Tasks and activities
• Developing and implementing the Communications and External Relations Strategy which:
o identifies and manages political, public policy, stakeholder and reputational risks
o builds and maintains Aker Energy's brand and reputation in Ghana
o Supports and leverages the benefits of Aker Energy's CSR activities in Ghana
• Supporting Country Manager and Senior Management both in Accra and Oslo in:
o effective stakeholder engagement to achieve corporate strategy and objectives
o building and maintaining government and broader political and non-political stakeholder relationships for the identification and management of political risk, stakeholder risks and regulatory/public policy issues that could impact the viability of the organisations interests
• Providing communications and stakeholder management advice and support for company's crisis management strategies and plans.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Master's Degree in business, journalism, communications or related field.
• At least 10 years' experience in strategic communications, media relations and/or public affairs for a major multinational or national organization.
• Experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
• Proven media relations skills and relationships with top-tier media; experience as a corporate spokesperson.
• Proven networking and influencing skills.
• High level of diplomacy, tact and perceptiveness.
• Strategic and proactive.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application to
17 September, 2019