The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Director of Finance.
• The Director of Finance is the head of the Finance Directorate of the University and is under the Vice-Chancellor, responsible for the management of the finances of the
The Director of Finance is responsible for the following:
• Preparation of consolidated accounts of the units of the University
• Preparation of the financial statements for the university and subsidiaries, including liaising with the external Auditor and preparing analysis to enable the financial statements to be audited.
• Delivery of a first class budgeting, financial reporting and accounting service for the University
• Provision of financial leadership by ensuring that University management understands the financial implications of their decisions and actions
• Ensuring that proper books of accounts and records of the University are kept in a manner and form required by the Council
• Calling for and receiving moneys due to the University and make on behalf of the University the authorised payments
• Sourcing for funds for the University
• Working with the University management to prepare business strategies, financial plans and deliver against budgets
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Hold a Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Be a Chartered Accountant
• Have a minimum of ten (10) years post professional qualification working experience And
• Be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• Be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have served in a University or an analogous institution, or in a reputable and recognised practicing firm, industry, commerce and/or public sector in a managerial position
Terms of Appointment
Salaries and fringe benefits attached to the post are very attractive and will be specified in the instrument of appointment by the Council.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should download the Application Form
from the University of Professional Studies (UPSA) website (www.upsa.edu.gh
) and forward the completed form together with the following:
Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials and working experience;
A statement of up to five (5) pages in standard font size 12 on how they would use their position to advance the Vision and Mission of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) to the following address:
In addition, applicants are required to hand deliver seven (7) copies of each of the above mentioned documents to:
Search Committee (Post of Registrar)
c/o Office of the Vice Chancellor
University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA),
P.O.Box LG 149, Accra
All applicants shall request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chairman, Search Committee (Post Registrar).
• It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that the application package reaches the designated addresses before close of day on 17th April, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
17 April, 2020