Korle Bu Teaching Hospital
Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Director of Finance At Korle Bu Teaching Hospital
Korle Bu Teaching Hospital is an agency of the Ministry of Health and headed by a Board. It is responsible for tertiary healthcare delivery, teaching, research and conducting outreach services to other parts of the country.
Korle Bu Teaching Hospital is an agency of the Ministry of Health responsible for tertiary healthcare delivery. It is also responsible for teaching and conducting outreach services to other parts of the country. Vacancy exists for the post of Director of Finance at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Summary Of Duties And Responsibilities:
The appointment is a four (4)-year renewable contract and the successful applicant will report to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she will:
• Ensure the execution, allocation and control of realistic budgets.
• Provide the enabling environment to assist the Sub-BMCs to achieve their revenue targets.
• Develop systems to identify loopholes and plug them and also ensure compliance to the Financial Administration Regulations (FAA/FAR) Act.
• Review and implement revenue generation module, develop and implement a plan for cost-saving, establish and implement transparent, efficient and accountable revenue collection systems for all revenue points.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant should have at least 12 years' working experience as an accountant, at least five (S) years of which should be a post-qualification experience as a Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ICA (GH)/ACCAlCPA) etc.
Applicant must also:
• Have at least five (5) years' minimum experience in management position.
• Have evidence of leadership and continuing professional development in training in related management field.
• Have advanced skills in computer usage and hands-on experience in financial management applications.
• Be able to establish networks within and outside the hospital and utilise this to achieve the hospital's objectives and goals.
• Have experience of multi-agency networking, project and budget management is an added advantage.
• Be an effective team player.
• Be able to complete at least one term in office before retirement
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should forward their applications together with supporting documents, a two (2)-paged document stating vision and plans for the Finance Directorate, detailed curriculum vitae, office and residential telephone numbers and names and addresses of three (3) referees, not later than one (1) month from the date of the application of this advert to:
The Board Chairman
Korle Bu Teaching Hospital
P. O. Box KB 77
Closing Date: 31 January 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interview.