Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Director Of Finance At Takoradi Polytechnic
• Responsible for managing an effective and efficient accounting and treasury system and procedures for the Polytechnic.
• Provide timely financial reports in accordance with statutory requirements.
• Provide periodic reports for Management decision and policy formulation.
• Establish appropriate financial controls and procedures to guide operations of the Polytechnic's finance function,
• Prepare and monitor the Polytechnic's budget and control recurrent expenditure to achieve planned financial results.
• Ensure that the Polytechnic's tax obligations are settled in line with statutory requirements.
• Supervise the staff of the Finance and Accounts Departments.
• Controls the receipts and disbursements of Funds
• Management of payroll of the Polytechnic
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate must be:
• Chartered Accountant with CA (GH) or ACCA (with six years post professional qualification experience)
• Must have a Master's degree in Accounting/Finance or any relevant area.
• A Minimum of ten (10) years relevant post qualification experience in a tertiary or a service industry (six of which should be post professional experience).
• Must be proficient in the use of accounting and treasury software.
• Must have a strong sense of responsibility
• Must have the ability to prioritise tasks with deadlines.
• Possess very good leadership and team skills.
• Must be knowledgeable about the Procurement Act. Financial Administration Act and Internal Audit Agency Act.
How to Apply For the Job
• Interested candidates should submit applications accompanied by two (2) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, which should include information on their qualifications and working experience.
• Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them to the above address (One of the referees shall be the immediate employer of applicants).
P.O. Box 256
Closing Date: 30 September, 2015