This position is responsible for ensuring that the office is operationally efficient and effective. Responsible for setting strategic human resource and administrative direction; providing a perspective on growth and expansion; Rajgah is a great place to work. Description
The Director will develop a thorough understanding of the offices’ requirements regarding human resources, administrative functions and physical plant needs. He/She will partner with management to identify talent gaps and address the needs of departments. The Director is responsible for full, accurate and equitable administration of all compensation and benefits and will be directly responsible for monitoring the day-to-day work and direct supervision of the Receptionist and Office Coordinator. The Director of Human Resources and Administration will be supervised by the Managing Director of Rajgah. Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Human Resources and Administration will work directly with the Managing Director Finance Manager and , and collaborate closely Civil engineer .
Specific responsibilities for managing and completing a wide range of human resource and administrative functions to include, but not limited to:
• Staff recruitment, retention and terminations
• Maintenance of personnel files and Personnel Action Forms
• Benefits administration and staff compensation
• Counsel and advice to staff on personal and work related issues including providing guidance and direction to management team and employees on human resource related topics
• Develop, manage and implement personnel policies; develop a Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Work with staff and management to facilitate staff development and training opportunities
• Communicate and ensure compliance and consistency with office practices and policies and compliance with all employment related laws
• Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to coordinate and oversee all of the people-related and office management activities
• Make certain that all administrative systems and processes are highly reliable, finely tuned and well delivered with an aim toward pro-action rather than reaction
• Research and recommend relevant insurance products (fidelity bond, property and casualty, management errors and omissions, etc.). Maintain relevant insurance files.
• Negotiate related contracts, manage relevant vendor relationships, liaison with building management and oversee office operations
• Serve as administrative team leader, coach and advocate for administrative staff
• Keep informed and up to date regarding industry standards and best practices related to civil engineering sector
• Other duties as necessary and related Qualification Required & Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resource or related field (e.g. Human Resource/Organizational Development or Business Administration)
• 7-10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of progressive and hands-on HR generalist experience and 3 years in customer support and administrative services roles; 3-5 years supervisory experience
• Must have a working knowledge and be current with all relevant employment related laws; Experience with developing a HRIS for a staff of at least 40 people
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and development and office administration.
• Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS programs
• Must be accurate and efficient, high energy, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality and excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on senior management teams that provide leadership and strategic direction
• Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities and sound judgment Skills and Experience Preferred (but not required)
• PHR (Professional in Human Resources) and SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification
• Membership in Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or similar organization Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] Closing Date:
23 July, 2015