Sunyani Technical University
Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Director of Internal Audit
The Governing Council of Sunyani Technical University announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position as Director of Internal Audit
The Sunyani Technical University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act. 2016 (Act 922) to provide Higher Education in Engineering Science and Technology-based disciplines, Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applied Acts and related disciplines.
The University is a leading Technical University that offers high quality career-oriented programmes for national development.
The Internal Auditor shall be
• Responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the university.
• Required to report to the Governing Council through the Audit Committee. Responsible for the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system.
• Responsible for vetting all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements.
• Responsible for conducting periodic examination of the accounts of the university, including all units with limited financial and operational autonomy. Required to monitor and ensure that all expenditures incurred have been authorized and are within budgetary provisions.
• Responsible for conducting periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council of the university
• Responsible for liaising with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
• Required to submit periodic audit reports on the activities of all units of the university to the Council through the Vice-Chancellor
• Responsible for ensuring that the university complies with the Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (Act 565) and all other relevant statutory regulations.
• Required to perform any other functions that the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council assign from time to time.
• Be able to align the objectives of the Internal Audit Directorate with the mission and vision of the university and develop implementation strategy to achieve same.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field. Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy/auditing working experience in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service or corporate organization.
• Have served at least as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a university or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years.
• Be of good character and demonstrate personal integrity.
• Be a servant leader and be able to plan, organize, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Internal Audit Directorate,
• Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory
• Have extensive knowledge of university’s financial policies, procedures, controls and processes and best auditing and finance practices.
• Have experience with a university’s accounting, finance and auditing software and records management in a manner that is consistent with the university’s mission and objectives.
• Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of university’s accounting records and financial transactions.
• Possess excellent relational communications and administrative skills in the supervision of staff in the Internal Audit Directorate.
• Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and commitment to outstanding university internal or external audit management.
• Have extensive experience in compliance with finance, accounting and audit regulations preferably in a university environment.
• Be able to effectively communicate with staff and external agencies.
• Be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements in the directorate.
• Be able to provide clear practical and accurate advice to staff at all levels in the Internal Audit Directorate on financial and auditing procedures and requirements. Be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
Terms of Appointments:
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the university consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Sunyani Technical University.
• The salary and conditions of service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
• Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the registry of the university and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable).
Search Committee for Director of Internal Audit
c/o Office of the Registrar
Sunyani Technical University
P.O. Box 206
Closing Date: 31 March, 2021