The Presbyterian University College, Ghana a faith-based and multi-campus University College invites applications from qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacant position as: Director of Internal Audit
• The Director of Internal Audit is the Head of the Directorate of Internal Audit and shall report directly to the Vice-Chancellor or to Council.
• He shall perform all customary functions of an Internal Auditor. Duties/Responsibilities
The Director of Internal Audit shall:
• Assess, evaluate and promote compliance with the University's internal policies
• Provide professional advice on internal controls and participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the University
• Supervise the review and verification of records to ensure compliance with standards, policies and procedures
• Recommend, as and when necessary, actions to improve:
1) Financial reporting
2) Compliance with laws and regulations and
3) Internally developed policies and procedures
• Establish techniques to discover and prevent fraud
• Identify and define Audit Thrust Areas based on risk assessment Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
• Possess a researched postgraduate degree in Accounting related area of specialization
• Be a member of a recognized professional accounting body e.g ICA, ACCA, CIMA etc. in Ghana or abroad.
• Have at least five (5) years experience as a Deputy Finance Officer/Deputy Internal Auditor in a university or an analogous institution.
• Have at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience as a professional accountant in a recognised tertiary institution, a practicing firm, industry, commerce or public practice.
• Have considerable knowledge of a university set up Location:
Abetifi-Kwahu How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants must obtain Application Forms from the Human Resource Section, Presbyterian University College, Ghana, Okwahu Campus, P. O. Box 59, Abetifi
or visit our website below: www.presbyuniversity.edu.gh
• Submit ten (10) copies of at least a two-page vision statement of how he/she intends to manage the Directorate he/she is applying for
• Submit ten (10) copies of his/her updated Curriculum Vitae
• Submit at least, four recent pass pori photographs.
• Contact addresses and telephone numbers of Three Referees
All completed Application Forms together with relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar Presbyterian University College, Ghana Closing Date:
30 December, 2015