• The Director is responsible for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the Institute.
Duties / key responsIbilities:
• The Director is to work closely with the Director-General to implement policies of the Commission
• It is his/her responsibility to initiate new research proposals in accordance with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved Country Programme Framework (CPF) for Ghana and co-ordinate research, sdentmc, technical and commercial activities in the Institute.
• Set the priority goals of Technical and research activities within the Institute in line with the Commission's policy.
• Drive the research and technical operations of the Institute.
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective co- ordination, monitoring and evaluation of research and other activities within the Institute.
• Ensure a sound working environment conducive for the publication of research output.
• Ensure the availability of funds for research purposes in the Institute.
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General.
Terms of Appointment:
• The position is for five (5) years but may be renewed for a second term.
• Must be able to serve a full term of five (5) years.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a citizen of Ghana and an accomplished Research Scientist
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and DPhil) in either Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Science or related field.
• Must be of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist or Associate Professor.
• Must possess a good sense of direction and managerial leadership.
• Must have excellent research, analytical and' conceptual capabilities to be able to , innovate for performance improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity,integrity, assertiveness, self-confidence and have a broad knowledge in Nuclear and other related fields so as to be able to promote the image of GAEC at national and international fora.
• Must have proven ability to organise and co-ordinate research and other activities within the Institute and to motivate project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance.
• Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills so as to be able to inspire research and supporting staff.
• Must not be more than fifty-five (55) years old.
• Must be conversant with the IAEA milestone approach for Nuclear Power Infrastructure Development.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are to submit the following with the application letter
• Curriculum Vitae, including names and address of three Referees
• A two -page statement of the Officer's vision for the position
Application should be submitted to the address below not later than 11th January, 2016
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80
Fax: 233 - 21 - 400807
e-mail: [email protected]
11 January, 2016