• The Director is responsible for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the Institute. Duties / key responsIbilities:
• The Director is to work closely with the Director-General to implement policies of the Commission
• It is his/her responsibility to initiate new research proposals in accordance with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved Country Programme Framework (CPF) for Ghana and co-ordinate research, sdentmc, technical and commercial activities in the Institute.
• Set the priority goals of Technical and research activities within the Institute in line with the Commission's policy.
• Drive the research and technical operations of the Institute.
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective co- ordination, monitoring and evaluation of research and other activities within the Institute.
• Ensure a sound working environment conducive for the publication of research output.
• Ensure the availability of funds for research purposes in the Institute.
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General. Terms of Appointment:
• The position is for five (5) years but may be renewed for a second term.
• Must be able to serve a full term of five (5) years. Qualification Required & Experience The Person
• Must be a citizen of Ghana and an accomplished Research Scientist
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and DPhil) in either Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Science or related field.
• Must be of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist or Associate Professor.
• Must possess a good sense of direction and managerial leadership.
• Must have excellent research, analytical and' conceptual capabilities to be able to , innovate for performance improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity,integrity, assertiveness, self-confidence and have a broad knowledge in Nuclear and other related fields so as to be able to promote the image of GAEC at national and international fora.
• Must have proven ability to organise and co-ordinate research and other activities within the Institute and to motivate project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance.
• Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills so as to be able to inspire research and supporting staff.
• Must not be more than fifty-five (55) years old.
• Must be conversant with the IAEA milestone approach for Nuclear Power Infrastructure Development. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are to submit the following with the application letter
• Curriculum Vitae, including names and address of three Referees
• A two -page statement of the Officer's vision for the position
Application should be submitted to the address below not later than 11th January, 2016 The Director-General Ghana Atomic Energy Commission P.O. Box LG 80 Legon
Fax: 233 - 21 - 400807
e-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
11 January, 2016