Building and Construction
Job Vacancy For Director Of Physical Development And Estate Management At Takoradi Polytechnic
The Director of Physical Development and Estate Management shall report directly to the Rector and shall be responsible for:
• The implementation of the decisions of the Physical Development Committee as approved by the Council:
• The co-ordination of activities of the Estate and Maintenance, Grounds and Gardens, and all other Units under the Physical Development and Estate Management Directorate of the Polytechnic:
• Monitoring of execution of contracts awarded by the Polytechnic or being executed on behalf of the Polytechnic:
• Supervising all works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovations are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications
• Providing consultancy services when appropriate: and
• Any other functions as may be released to him by the Rector, the Academic Board or the Council.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
• Must have at least ten (10) years requisite post-qualification practice/experience in a Senior
• Management position in infrastructure project management activities in-tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization.
• Candidates must show clear evidence of ability to hold schedule(s) without supervision
• Must possess a very good communication and inter-personal skills.
• Must possess the capacity to motivate and direct staff.
• Computer literacy is required.
How to Apply For the Job
• Interested candidates should submit applications accompanied by two (2) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, which should include information on their qualifications and working experience.
• Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them to the above address (One of the referees shall be the immediate employer of applicants).
P.O. Box 256
Closing Date: 30 September, 2015