Tamale Technical University came into being with the passing of the technical Universities (Amendment) Act, 2018 (Act 974) by the Parliament of Ghana and assented by the President on 24th August, 2018.
Following this, positions of Key Officers were established to manage the affairs of the University In view of the above, the Governing Council of the University wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven with good leadership qualities for appointments into the under-listed position: Director of Works & Physical Development
The Director of works and Physical Development is responsible to the vice-Chancellor of the University
The Position/Job Description
The Director of works and Physical Development shall perform the following functions:
• Produce all architectural and engineering designs,working drawings and bills of quantities for all University Construction Projects
• Supervise and certifies all University Construction works and Contracts to ensure that construction and works are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications.
• Oversee the management of construction contracts with the view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects
• Advise on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with national laws and regulations
• Responsible for the supervision of construction, management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University.
• ln consultation with relevant departments and units of the University, advise on the management and control of land and land use of University &
• Advise the Vice-Chancellor and the University Council on matters relating to land and development.
• Perform any other functions that the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council assign to him/her from time to time.
Terms of Appointment
• The Director of Works and Physical Development shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years.
• The appointment may be renewed, upon application by the Director for a further term of up to four (4) years only if that term will not go beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016(Act 922) as amended by the Technical Universities (Amendment) At 2018 (Act 974),the statutes of Tamale Technical University and the harmonised Scheme of Service of Technical Universities in Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
Academic Background, Skills and Experience in Educational Administration
• Applicant must have a minimum qualification of a Master's degree in the Built- Environment or relevant area of study PLUS relevant Professional Qualifications OR other professional qualifications recognised as equivalent to the Ghanaian professions
• Applicant must have served as Deputy Director of Works and Physical Development in a University OR comparable grade in a similar institution for at least 6 years
• Be computer literate
General Business and Personal Skills
The candidate must:
• Be of sound judgement, integrity, initiative, resourcefuness, precision and professionalism in his/her area of specialisation
• Have proven organisational and leadrship skills &
• Be of good character and demonstrate personal Integrity
How To Apply For The Job
• Candidates are to submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 4 pages (Time New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision for the University and strategies for implementation
• Applicants are to attach CV including names and addresses of 3 referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
• All applications should be addressed to the chairpersons of the respective Search Committees
• Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for Director of works and Physical Development
C/o Office of the Registrar
Tamale Technical University
P.O. Box 3 ER
Or email to:
[email protected] / [email protected]
12 February, 2020