The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: Director of Works & Physical Development The Position/Function:
The Director of Works and Physical Development shall, under the Vice Chancellor, be responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the physical environment of the Technical University and the provision of essential services in an efficient and effective manner. The Director of Works and Physical Development shall:
• Supervise all works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovation are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications.
• Oversee the management of construction contract with the view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects.
• Advise on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the procurement of technical advice on construction in compliance with the relevant national laws and regulations.
• Be responsible for designing and drawing of buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and the management and maintenance of them.
• Advise the Vice Chancellor and the University Council on matters of use land and development.
• Provide architectural and engineering designs and bills of quantities for all University construction projects. Qualification Required & Experience The Person He/She must:
• Must possess a minimum of research Master's degree in Built Environment or relevant area of study PLUS relevant Professional
• Must be of a good character and demonstrate of personal integrity.
• Must have at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience in Senior Management position in infrastructural project management activities in tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service institution. Location:
Cape Coast How to Apply For the Job
• Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than February 27, 2019 The Acting Registrar c/o Office of the Registrar Cape Coast Technical University P. O. Box DL50 Cape Coast
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
27 February, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED