The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant senior level administrative position in the Physical Development and Municipal Services Directorate (PDMSD):
Director, Physical Development and Municipal Services Directorate
The Registrar, University of Ghana
Reporting to the Registrar, the Director of the PDMSD will be responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the physical environment of the University and the provision of essential services in an efficient and effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate shall be specifically responsible for:
• The supervision of works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovations are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications, taking due cognisance of the needs and requirements of the University.
• The management of construction contracts with a view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects.
• The procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with national laws and the University’s statutes.
• The management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and their designs and drawings.
• The construction and maintenance of residential facilities.
• The management and control of land use and the maintenance of records on all land transactions entered into by and on behalf of the University.
• The provision of valuation services.
• The management, control and disposal of waste.
• The provision of fumigation and other pest control services.
• The acquisition and maintenance of vehicles and the provision of transportation services.
• The maintenance of security on the University’s campuses.
• The discharge of any other necessary assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful applicant must:
• Have a good first degree in a relevant field within the built environment profession with a post graduate degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
• Be a member of a relevant professional body.
• Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant post-qualification experience and must be a practitioner in the field.
• Have considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills and should be able to function within the higher education sector.
• Have high-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level management and administration.
• Be performance-driven and must be keen to achieve results.
The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through [email protected]
(Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh
Applications should reach the Registrar through [email protected]
23 December, 2022