Judicial Service of Ghana
Purchasing / Procurement
Job Vacancy For Director, Procurement At Judicial Service of Ghana
The Judicial Service of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director, Procurement
The Director of Procurement shall be responsible for undertaking and co- ordinating all detailed procurement activities within the Procurement Directorate. This shall include:
• Receive procurement requests from originating officers, checking that the proposed procurement is within the approved procurement plan, and that budgeted funds are available prior to commencement of procurement processes.
• Ensure that funds have been properly committed prior to issue of any contract or Purchase Order. '
• Co-ordinate the preparation of specifications, terms of reference, bills of quantities, drawings, short-lists or advertisements and prequalification, tender or request for quotation documents.
• Submission of documentation for review and approval by the Tender
• Committee prior to issue where so required by the Tender Committee.
• Arrange the publication of advertisements and notices of contract award.
• Co-ordinate the process of opening of tenders and quotations and ensuring the preparation of formal records of tender or quotation opening in accordance with Section 56 of the Act.
• Participate in evaluation activities of the Evaluation Panel and assist in preparation of formal Evaluation Reports.
• Prepare submissions for approval of award of contracts by the appropriate authority in accordance with the threshold values established the Procurement Act.
• Maintain and update the database of suppliers, contractors and consultants.
• Participate in negotiations with consultants or other tenderers where expressly permitted in the Act or the Regulations.
• Prepare notification of awards and contracts.
• Prepare contract documents and Purchase Orders, in line with the award decision.
• Prepare and issue tender rejection and tenderer debriefing letters.
• Prepare contract variations and modifications.
• Assist in the inspection and acceptance of goods, works and services, and where necessary, use a member of the user department in conducting technical inspection.
• Maintain procurement records in accordance with Section 28 of the Act, and with the Regulations.
• Ensure the efficient and effective administration of the Procurement Directorate.
• Overall supervisory responsibility for all staff of the Directorate.
• Ensure efficient management of all office equipment and other assets of the Directorate.
• Assign duties and appraise the performance of staff in the Directorate
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters Degree in Procurement Management.
• Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
Essential Skills Required
• Leadership and managerial skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Computer Literate in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward their applications, CVs and the names of two referees not later than two (2) weeks of 1st publication for the attention of:
The Judicial Secretary,
Judicial Service of Ghana,
Supreme Court Administration Block,
High Street, Accra;
via email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 January, 2016