The Ghana Atomic Energy Commission, established by an Act of Parliament, Act 588 of 2000, as the sole Agency in Ghana responsible for all matters relating to peaceful uses of atomic energy, invites applications for the following positions: Director, Radiation Protection Institute The Position:
• A Director of an Institute is an Officer appointed by the Commission and charged with the responsibility for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the Institute. Duties/Key responsibilities:
• The Director is to work close with the Director-General to implement the Commissions' policies in the Institute.
• Manage, coordinate and steer all nuclear and related research programmes, projects and activities throughout the nation.
• Help develop expertise in the field of Nuclear Science and related Technologies.
• Initiate new research proposals in accordance with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved programme for Ghana and co-ordinate research, scientific, technical and commercial activities in the Institute.
• Enhance the application of Nuclear Science in the field of education and training for socio-economic development of the country.
• Set priority goals of research and other activities within the Institute in line with the Commission's policy.
• Steer research and technical operations of the institute, including commercialisation of research outputs.
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation of research work within the Institute.
• Create and ensure a sound working environment conducive for the publication of research outputs.
• Ensure availability of funds for research purposes in the Institute;and
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General Tenure
• The position is for five (5) years but may be renewed for a second term. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist/Principal Scientific Officer/Associate Professor
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and D.Phil.) in either Nuclear or related fields
• Must possess a good sense of direction and managerial leadership
• Must have excellent research, analytical and conceptual capabilities to be able to innovative for performance improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity, integrity, assertiveness, self-confidence and a broad knowledge of the Nuclear and other related fields so as to be able to promote the image of GAEC at national and international fora.
• Must have proven ability to organise and co-ordinate research activities within the institutes of the commission and to motivate research project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance
• Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills so as to be able to inspire research and supporting staff
• Must not be more than 55 years old on December 1, 2021 Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Application forms may be obtained at the Commission’s Cash Office at a fee of GH¢500.00
or download the forms below: Download Application Form
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below: The Director-General Ghana Atomic Energy Commission P.O. Box LG 80, Legon Accra.
The application should also include:
• Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two (2) page Vision Statement. Closing Date:
07 May, 2021